Visa Discovery Program Traineeship (Undergrad) - Malaysia Merchant Sales and Acquiring (MS&A)
- Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
The Visa Discovery Program is the biggest step you can take to joining our Revolution of Payments Innovation. Throughout your traineeship period at Visa, you will take on meaningful work, get executive exposure and engage in out-of-the-box problem solving. From technology to business, we are looking for people who can innovate, collaborate and drive Visa into the next era of an already rapidly-evolving digital market place. If you're up for the challenge, please consider joining our team.
Insight to the role
- Working with the Malaysia Merchant Sales & Acquiring (MS&A) team, focused on Visa’s partnerships with key merchants, acquirers and other payment ecosystem partners. Typical partners include existing and potential Visa acceptors in various industries such as airlines, retail business, ecommerce and mobile businesses and state owned enterprise. Additional partners would include payment ecosystem participants such as payment facilitators.
- Working with the cross-functional teams (both internal and external) to provide merchant centric products and solutions to increase merchant preference for Visa and create business opportunities.
- Play a key role in contributing their fresh and outsider' views to the MS&A and Product strategic plan; specifically in the area of digital technology, mobile commerce and data analysis
- Responsible for regular updates of Playbook/ Salesforce for assigned key account(s) to understand how sales tool can be used/ utilized to help business operation
- Support MS&A team to manage at least one key account or project to have direct experiences in deepening relationship/ managing project and growing partner and Visa business through effective engagement plan
- Conduct mystery shopping on new solutions deploy (tap to pay) at merchants
- Support merchant training related activities
- Carry out basic reporting/ monthly dashboard
- Conduct mystery shopping with merchants/ suppliers under specific campaign/ promotion program
- Gather market innovation and digital product, service information
- Carry out basic reporting & data execution
- Track campaign results and generate reports
- An undergraduate student in your 2nd or 3rd year of academic program
- Be able to work full-time at least 10-12 weeks
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
- Positive attitude with strong inter-personal communication skills
- Willing to learn and eager to contribute ideas
- Ability to take on challenges and address problems head-on
- Fluent in English in formal business communication (verbal and written)
- Domestic Travel may be required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.