Staff Software Engineer, Data (REF9738N) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Austin, Texas, us
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be part of our Digital and Developer Platform team to help design, enhance and build our transactional Fraud detection engine in an agile development environment. You will work with colleagues, who will support and challenge you daily. You will be part of teams tasked with multiple projects building full stack development of real-time transactional services, REST services API and Container based services that are highly functional, distributed, secure, scalable and resilient. We believe in self managing Agile teams who build products end to end focusing on unit testing, code reviews and continuous integration for excellent code quality. You will see the code written and moved to production within just a few days, to then be used by a huge customer base.
If this sounds exciting, we want to chat and tell you more about our work culture and environment and see if this will be a good fit.
Some of Your Key Responsibilities
Our engineers do more than just write code:
- You’ll help our customers achieve their real goals by understanding their requirements and how they respond to their business needs
- You’ll use technologies that include Java, REST, Spring, XML, JSON, JPA, Docker and more
- You will analyze business requirements and work with the team to design a solution that is robust and scalable along with providing technical documentation of solution
- You’ll develop and deliver new features every few days and be responsible for them end-end
- You have the work and academic experience that will demonstrate proficiency and ease with programming languages, code quality initiatives, scripting languages and operating systems
- Your DNA would include following and creating software best practices and processes.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and above all, you are a team player!
- MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 8+ years of software design and development experience.
- You are a Java, Java EE expert with relevant experience designing and building large scale enterprise Java applications
- You have experience with REST APIs, JSON and exposure to container based technologies.
- Experience with Kafka, Springboot would be an added advantage.
- You have strong experience with Agile development incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar, Junit
- We count on your curiosity and creativity, to want to understand customer requirements and our processes and want to come up with creative solutions and improvements
- While you’ll have the skill to see and understand the big picture, you’re able to stay focused on the task at hand to achieve immediate goals
- You have a strong work ethic to focus on our goals
- You have the passion to work with people and to strive to improve our products and services!
- As an end-end champion for your products, you will have strong debugging skills to help support our Operations teams
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.