Staff Software Engineer
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
We at Visa are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. We’re looking for the next generation of Techies - dreamers, disruptors, creatives and trailblazers - who are fascinated by new technology and want to be empowered to change the way business is done.
The Staff Software Engineer will be part of Sales and Merchant Support (SMS) organization. Which is part of Corporate Client Systems (CCS). The CCS team is responsible for managing system requirements, design, development, integration, quality assurance, implementation and maintenance of corporate applications. The SMS team works closely with business owners of these services to deliver industry leading packaged software and customer developed solutions utilizing the Salesforce.com platform.
This role is a hybrid between lead developer, solutions architect, and team lead. We are looking for a candidate who has passion for building world class software and high performing teams. The candidate will be responsible for creating and implementing best practices, finding areas of improvements, and coordinating multiple work streams.
The candidate must be a self-starter, detail-oriented, have the ability to work in a fast-paced and highly dynamic environment, and be able to prioritize multiple demands. This person should be highly engaged, not a box checker, and be able to challenge the status quo.
- Become a trusted solution provider for Merchant Sales and Support organization. Proactively anticipate business needs and propose/ build solutions accordingly.
- Design and develop solutions for our business partners using Salesforce Platform. Responsibilities include the creation of conceptual approach, Proof of Concepts, technical analysis, gap assessment, design, development, unit testing, deploy and support activities.
- Work closely with the Project Management Office and various business stakeholders to drive and/or facilitate development of requirements, specifications, and use cases for assigned projects.
- Able to work on multiple projects and initiatives with different/competing timelines and demands. In some instances, the candidate might lead projects as well.
- Manage and collaborate with product vendors and systems integrators on delivery of solutions. Work with delivery partners to review and finalize technical specifications, code review, version management, and implementation related activities.
- Work with limited direction, usually within a complex environment, to drive delivery of solutions and meet service levels.
- Collaborate across global businesses and technology organizations, providing sound business analysis, process, and change leadership.
- Mentor team in following best practices and improving processes.
- 8 years or more of relevant experience in application development
- Strong conceptual and analytic skills. Ability to design and build complex algorithms
- Experience in evaluating business requirements and turning them into technical designs
- Ability to work with teams in multiple geographical locations and time zones
- Experience in a client facing role strongly preferred
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles
- Strong understanding of project management methodologies including waterfall and agile (we are mostly using agile development)
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- A demonstrated ability to effectively create and communicate architectural diagrams to different groups
- Ability to work with minimal guidance
- Ability to thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues and influence decision making at all levels of the organization without formal reporting structure authority
- Strong foundation in one of the core programing languages (JAVA, C, C++, C# etc.)
- Strong understanding of Salesforce platform management and best practices
- Experience with Sales, Service, and Communities cloud implementation
- Salesforce Lightning development experience
- Salesforce Platform Developer 2 Certification
- Understanding of middleware/integration technologies (Workato (nice to have), ETLs, APIs, Web Services, REST, SOAP)
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science or Engineering discipline
- Awareness of other Salesforce technologies (Mulesoft, Einstein Analytics, Marketing Cloud etc.)
- Mobile development
- Strong understanding of design patterns
- CI/CD frameworks, Release Management, Automated Testing
- CPQ solutions (Apttus etc)
- Agile project management skill highly desired
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.