Client Marketing Manager
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Client Marketing Manager, reports to the Director, Client Marketing Southern Region and will deliver strategic and tactical marketing value to one of our key clients in Australia, working closely with the client relationship team.
- Based in Melbourne, the role will bring the “best of Visa” marketing to one of our key clients, working cohesively with the Visa marketing community locally and globally, Client Relationship Managers, Product, VCA and MS&A teams
- Contribute to developing deep client partnerships by providing strategic and tactical marketing support including marketing analysis, insight development and campaign activities to assist our client to drive Visa portfolio growth and new product adoption
- Work with the Client Relationship Team to convert client incentives into tailor-made joint-marketing campaigns to drive acquisition, usage and retention
- High quality execution of agreed marketing programs, evaluating effectiveness and efficiency of the programs to continuously optimise performance
- Determine best use of Visa assets aligned with client strategies and optimal outcome for Visa
- Manage agencies and vendors to ensure “client centric” view in the development and implementation of campaigns
Marketing Strategy & Activities
- Develop strategies and go to market plans in close cooperation with local, regional and global stakeholders including product, Visa Consulting Services, Client Relationship Management and Merchant Sales & Acquiring
- Deliver marketing insights & data capabilities to drive deep partnerships with clients including proprietary research, studies and best practice benchmarking through the Visa marketing community
- Ensure client’s marketing needs are being met through cross functional & regional teams on insights, measurement & co-creation requirements.
- Provide in-depth understanding and analysis of payments industry, regulation, consumer trends and competition
- Ensure effective in-market communication of the future of payments (FOP) narrative
- Develop business case - Marketing Communication and Strategy Framework (MCSFs) - for key programs
- Review implementation of plans on an ongoing basis and provide guidance to external and internal stakeholders to ensure that KPIs are achieved
- Work with clients to drive internal staff advocacy for Visa brand and client co-op marketing activities.
Finance & Administration
- Effectively manage agency partners including, Creative, Digital, Media, PR and BTL for campaigns under management
- Manage marketing budget, forecasts, ATL, Digital and BTL production and media costs working with finance administration manager and team members
- Effective and efficient usage of Visa Global marketing assets i.e. Olympics and FIFA aligned with Visa and client local market needs
- Protect Visa via ensuring compliance with procurement, legal and financial control processes including Value in Kind (VIK), Entertainment Ticketing (VETS) and Sponsorship Asset policy
- Seven to ten years of relevant experience in financial services marketing team, ideally from similar industries such as Financial Services, Technology or Telecommunications
- Marketing strategy and campaign management, particularly for multi-channel, digital centric campaigns
- Marketing KPIs and return on investment analysis
- Market research briefing, analysis and insight development
- Media strategy / planning
- Budgets & forecasting
- High levels of influence and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix decision making organisation
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills
- Detail and accuracy focused
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, MS Office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel. Ideally experienced in use of Salesforce platform
- An understanding of agency remuneration models
- Digital, social and mobile marketing proficiency
At Visa, your individuality fits right in and we embrace inclusion and diversity of thought. We are committed to creating the kind of workplace where you want to be and we can facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements for you.