Senior Director- San Francisco Innovation Center
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity.
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payment company in Silicon Valley, technology is at the heart of what we do. Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks; our Advanced Authorization engine scores every authorization
VisNet processes with machine learning models for issuers to stop frauds in real-time. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Senior Director of the San Francisco Innovation Center will be part of the team that helps our clients win in a competitive marketplace by making commerce solutions that are smarter, faster, and safer for their customers. The Innovation Center is part of a global innovation network that evangelizes Visa’s global point of view on the future of commerce, designs best in class customer-centric experiences, and develops new product solutions to drive industry innovation. We host clients from around the globe and across industries—from financial institutions and merchants to technology partners and government officials—immersing them in customer insights and emerging global trends. The team collaborates with partners to discover, define, and design high-potential new products and services that are market tested and ready for scaled commercialization. We focus on high-potential business opportunities that can be piloted, have a clearly articulated end user impact, and can accelerate growth for Visa. As part of a multi-disciplinary team made up of business, design and development, you will blur the lines between business strategy and creativity, helping to design and develop new solutions that are desirable for end-users as well as feasible and financially sustainable for the organization. Projects are derived based on forces shaping new commerce experiences. The successful candidate for this role will be responsible for working across functions (e.g., design, technology, products, etc.) for Visa’s client merchants, issuers, end consumers and partners. This role reports to the VP of the San Francisco Innovation Center.
The Senior Director will be responsible for identifying and building out a location to build, test and learn new commerce experiences as part of the innovation center and global product team’s product development process. There will be a constant emphasis on building for the future and to achieve this the location needs to be modular and configurable for rotating different retail experiences. The role will require the individual to work across multiple internal functions and external partners to identify, prioritize and launch new concepts as well as define, measure and communicate test and learn results.
Our team of product managers, designers, engineers, strategists, payment enthusiasts, and thought leaders are passionate champions for customer experience. We believe in curiosity, creative confidence, experimentation through making, continuous learning, respectful collaboration, inclusion, empathy, resiliency and fun! Lastly, the person should be a “SWAN” – someone who is smart, works hard, ambitious and nice!
- Lead partners and interdisciplinary teams of the identification, development and execution of new product and customer experiences to be implemented in the innovation center location.
- Apply industry and design thinking experience to ensure all test and learn objectives of identified and executed in all implementations in the innovation center location. This includes articulating the relevance to Visa and it’s ecosystem partners as well as the business case and reason to invest.
- Articulates the “Business Design Challenge” at the beginning of the project to ensure potential user and business impacts are relevant and defined early (e.g., what problem are we trying to solve? What impact do we want to have? What are possible solutions? What context and constraints do we need to keep in mind?)
- Lead the partnership with design, technology, product verticals and vendors to identify and define the work that should be done to explore, test, refine, and recommend a final solution and that brings a holistic approach to product design that begins with the customer and rapidly iterates solutions to deliver customer experiences that are simple, powerful, and exceptional. Works with designers + design technologist to make things tangible/real versus theoretical
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Visa’s capabilities and has the ability to think holistically about the design of a new offering and the implications related to both the customer’s experience as well as the organization’s ability. This includes working closely with our partners to develop strategies, timelines, and operational models that appropriately consider the organizational needs, aspirations and business realities
- Articulate the possibility, viability and feasibility of recommendations. This includes crafting the story of what the new concepts and experiences are intended to achieve and the results (including customer insights and implementation results).
- Energize and improve the status quo using creativity and calculated risks to deliver new products and processes that surpass clients’ expectations, demonstrating new methods, capabilities, and mindsets.
- Establish compelling business-based reason for change that mobilizes others to adopt new product development process that more effectively and rapidly deliver growth and improve Visa’s competitive differentiation.
- Embrace opportunity to develop appropriate process/approach based on each project including setting up parameters that feel defined but not overly restrictive
- BA/BS required; MBA a plus
- 8-10+ years of launching new products in both test and learn and commercialized implementations
- 8-10+ years payments industry/fintechs/digital tech experience or similar relevant experience
- 8-10+ years interfacing with clients and consumers on new innovative products
- 8-10+ years in retail industry including operations, customer experience, design and/or technology
- Comfortable interacting, interviewing and iterating with people through exploration of new concept, prototyping (low and high fidelity) and testing
- Must have a mindset that embraces creativity, optimism, ambiguity and failing-fast
- Proven ability to work on complex and often ambiguous problems, to drive results
- Analytical thinker, team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.