Sr. Financial Analyst, Client Incentive Ops LAC
- Miami, FL, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
• Analyze incentive contract terms to assess Visa's contractual obligations and determine appropriate accounting treatment.
• Review proforma and Accounting Treatment form to ensure accuracy of contract interpretation and application of Visa's accounting policy respectively.
• Prepare monthly estimated amortization and payment schedules per contract terms and Visa's Accounting Policy.
• Create excel models to determine contractual commitments per the terms of the contract, ensuring that all key obligations have been accurately addressed.
• Review on-going contract performance and update future performance /amortization schedules, as needed.
• Review contractual payments per terms of acceptance contracts. Liaison with stakeholders to determine the fulfillment of contractual obligations. Assist in the resolution of related issues and discrepancies.
• Analyze and explain the variances between forecasted and actual contractual commitments and prepare the necessary adjustments.
• Provide timely reporting to External Reporting and Accounting Operations.
• Work on Client Incentive projects to support Client Incentive Operations.
• Committed to continuous process improvement.
• Provide ad-hoc analytical support to numerous internal and external parties.
• Gather and report performance metrics for his/her contracts assigned as well as monthly manual accruals, commitment reports, etc.
B.S. degree in accounting or finance with accounting experience
• 6+ years of relevant working experience
• Ability to read, write, speak Spanish required, alternatively Portuguese.
• Extremely detail oriented, conscientious, thorough and accurate.
• Candidate must be self-motivated, ability to function well independently as well as in a team, and comfortable in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
• Candidate will interact with various levels of management across the organization and strong leadership and interpersonal skills are required as cross-functional projects occur on a regular basis.
• Strong business analysis skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, diplomacy, and a very upbeat customer-service attitude are essential.
• Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Access and possess advanced Excel skill.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.