Head of Function, IT Architecture - Level 6
- London, gb
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Head of Function, IT Architecture - London, we want to hear from you together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
The Head of Function, IT Architecture role is responsible for managing a small team of engineers in the delivery of a range of services across the European CIT infrastructure while at the same time working with and aligning to Global business best practice. The role is strategic in nature having a significant input into long term and tactical planning, development of the CIT roadmap and creating opportunity for change through innovative architecture, analysis, engineering and high-level technical consultancy. Thus, the responsibility of the role is to nurture the capability and to deliver real solutions to existing and future business problems. This is a pivotal role reporting directly to and supporting the Senior Vice President, Corporate IT and as such, the Head of Technology leverages their broad based knowledge and excellent stakeholder management skills to maintain a clear view of what is likely to shape current and future corporate demand. The position also currently manages the Global approach to GDPR in the unstructured space and manages some vendor relationships as well as taking a highly proactive role contributing to new and on-going projects.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Accountable for the delivery of technology innovation and support in Europe
- Working with the Corporate Business partner / Change Delivery lead to support delivery of the change portfolio in Europe.
- Working with the Head of Operations, Desk-side Support Manager and Applications Support Manager to ensure the continual smooth running of live European service.
- Leadership of the architecture, technical and analysis teams
- Leadership of the senior engineering technology team
- Leading and executing the growth and maturity of technology with an agenda of developing a highly motivated and performing team
- Establish a solid hiring process capable of identifying and attracting talent
- Contribute to the management of third party suppliers relationships
- Working as the Principal Architect to define and implement the right technology solutions to meet the demands of the European business aligned with Global standards.
- Working closely with Cyber Security to ensure that the systems and infrastructure meet security requirements. PCI DSS, GDPR, Penetration testing, etc.
- Develop an internally collaborative culture with a focus on delivery
- Able to embrace uncertainty and guide change within a globally transforming business.
- Is mobile, confident, friendly, calm, assertive and able to balance logical analysis with the emotional appeal that wins commitment or changes perceptions. Is able to plan and to facilitate workshops involving stakeholders at all levels.
- The role requires an experienced IT professional with a good technical background, who is capable of building strong relationships with Product Owners, Project Managers and Business Stakeholders, delivering against challenging commercial targets and driving through performance improvements across technology delivery teams
- Ability to inspire and relate to technical staff of all levels, managing global teams directly or through outsource operations
- Ability to work with, manage and accommodate compliance and audit requirements
What we're after...
- Self-motivated with the ability to exercise independent judgment while coordinating activities within cross-divisional and cross-functional teams
- Extensive experience of technical architecture or design in a global company for complex, mission critical systems, with senior level experience in technology.
- Good understanding of a broad range of technologies including Web, SQL, Server infrastructure, Networks and security requirements amongst others
- Good working knowledge of agile methodology and large and complex project delivery
- A track record of client delivery, innovation and transformation
- Knowledge of external technology and latest trends in the industry
- Experience of influencing and challenging effectively at all levels using persuasive power to communicate with a variety of stakeholders globally
- Excellent analytical, creative problem solving and decision making skills while working in ambiguous situations
- Comfortable with frequent change and high pressure environment
- Highly numerate with excellent people leadership skills
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Experience of supporting change in a complex, established environment
- Experience of managing and leading change in a complex, established environment
- Business planning, budgetary management, operational Strategy development and deployment
- Experience of strategic and tactical negotiation
- Experience of working in a large multinational company, working with diverse groups
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and facilitating skills
- Ability to work as part of a multifunctional / cross functional team
- Commercially astute with a strong understanding of how to exploit opportunities
- Strong understanding of technology and innovation and the role it plays commercially
- Able to understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Ability to assess and analyse technical situations and provide viable alternatives.
- Good verbal, written, communication and problem solving skills
- Strong educational background preferably to degree level or equivalent professional skills
- Strong technical, communication and analytical skills
- Extensive experience at senior technical level with experience of transformation
- Significant Visa experience, typically more than five years is preferable
- Deep working knowledge of Visa CKC's or other business control frameworks
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.