Sr. BI Infrastructure Engineer
- Bengaluru, India
You may have noticed that payment has become a very active/hot area in the last several years. Given the strong demands and innovation, this will be a very exciting area in the next 5 to 10 years. VISA is clearly a very strong leader in the payment industry, and is in a fast pace of technology transformation. For a payment system to work well, advance technologies such as data platform, big data, data mining, business intelligence, machine learning, cloud, etc. are critical. In VISA, we have all of these. The Data Product Development (DPD) Department is in the center for many of these technologies and development.
Visa Data Technology organizations provides an enriched and valuable ecosystem of data related services to drive innovation for our partners and clients, within Visa and globally. Data is the most valuable asset in Visa. Our data organization is dedicated to systems and services to make data secure, high quality, rich, fast, and easy to use, therefore enabling Visa with the ability to leverage its data asset in an effective and timely manner to maximize technology/business development and differentiate Visa from others in the payment industry. The organization maintains tens of petabytes of data supporting over 100 services for various internal lines of business and external clients. The BI Infrastructure team is an integral part of Visa's Data divisions. Our mission is to provide the enabling technology and processes to manage Visa data assets and deliver Value Added Information Products and Services to our customers. We are working very closely with Data Platform and Data Development teams.
Visa is building the Next Generation Data processing engines with cost-effective and distributed applications on commodity hardware using best-in-class technology components. Building next generation applications require collaboration with exceptional group of highly skilled Data architects, software engineers, BI engineers, DevOps engineers, payment experts and infrastructure architects. This is an exciting time for a data professional to join our team to drive technology transformation.
A successful candidate needs to be technical, with architect experience, and have demonstrated ability in administration of BI infrastructure, primarily - but not limited to - MicroStrategy and Tableau Server, ensuring customer satisfaction, superior performance, security adherence and supportability of the BI platform. Success in this role will requires working effectively with a matrix organization within Data Platform and across other departments within Visa. Prior experience must include experience in engineering for data analytics and visualization tools.
We desire a candidate who has the ability to act independently with a can do attitude: demonstrated success in building partnerships with the key stakeholders of the other technology functions such as operations, support, system administration, security, development, and engineering is required.
- Partnering with data application developers and architects supporting Data Platform applications using big data and data streaming open source technology
- Help application development to articulate/measure/maintain non-functional requirements for BI applications
- Hands on in install, configure, monitor, and tune BI Systems: primarily MicroStrategy and Tableau server, in accordance with standard operational procedures and policies.
- Planning and execution of Business Intelligence tools upgrades
- Ensure performance and efficient capacity utilization by defining and creating BI system performance and utilization metrics
- Follow and advocate high security standards protecting Visa’s data assets
- Identify existing and potential productivity issues and opportunities, develop methods and systems to improve these functions and manage their implementation.
- Participate in the overall strategy, standardization, analysis, design, and implementation of applications
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
- 5+ Years of experience with Analytics and BI Tools MicroStrategy or similar Business Intelligence products (Tableau Server, Business Objects…)
- Hands-on administration and software development
- Can code, write very with language in Java, C++, Shell, Python, and/or SQL
- Understand workings of a production environment with change management, defect tracking and status reporting processes.
- Have strong problem diagnostic and debugging skills
- Experience in agile methodology is preferred.
- Experience on Big Data and cloud computing technologies is preferred
- Experienced with Web or Data services, APIs is preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.