Director, Product and Innovation Risk Operations Management
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The position will report to the SVP of Products and Innovation Risk and Standards Management and will be responsible for support the definition, implementation, and monitoring of the organization’s annual strategic and operational plans. This includes supporting the organizations definition of the annual goals and periodically reporting on progress and key activities to Visa’s Executive and Senior Management as well as a variety of risk committees.
In addition, the person will share a portion of her/his time to support the New Business Initiative Assessment (NBIA) program. The NBIA is a risk assessment for new business initiatives, which ensure appropriate risk stakeholders and subject matter experts are triggered to assist the initiative owner through the identification and management of risks posed to Visa with the initiative.
The role will specifically be responsible for the following:
Strategic and Operational Plan Management
• Partner with the team leads to define the annual strategic and operational plan for the PIR team. This includes the definition of goals, actions plans and key performance indicators
• Monitor and develop reporting on the progress against the annual plan and goals, action plans, and key performance indicators.
• Create updates to Visa’s risk committees, including the liaison with the team managing the committees, the timely and accurate preparation of the material in collaboration with the relevant team members, and the review and finalization of the materials with management. This includes thought leadership to drive content as well as identify and close any gaps.
• Drive the periodic activity and status reporting (e.g., Monthly Organization Key Activity Update Report)
• Manage team meetings including logistics, developing and driving agendas, meeting minutes, and leading actions items to closure as well as appropriate escalation of open issues.
• Lead defining, gathering input, maintaining, and reporting on the status of the PIR training and risk and education papers delivery (e.g., trainings on new products, position paper on a new technology, etc.)
• Support the PIR team in the management of its content and information through Microsoft Teams and SharePoint, including ensuring that all key documents regularly used or produced by the team (e.g., trainings, guidance papers) are inventoried and easily accessible to the relevant audience.
• Manage the PIR budget including its definition and spend tracking.
• Manage the PIR individual development training plan and periodically report on progress.
Risk Business Partner
• Opportunity to act as a Risk Business Partner on a limited set of NBIAs and assist the corresponding initiative owners throughout the risk assessment process to ensure key risks have been identified and adequately treated prior to go-live.
• Minimum of 7+ years of relevant experience in one or several of the following areas: Visa Inc., payments industry, risk management, project / program management, product management.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, collaboration and teamwork skills. An ability to influence without direct authority, as well as demonstrating an appropriate level of assertiveness, is critical.
• Strong organizational, prioritization, and time management skills.
• Strong proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel, with the ability to work with Excel formulas, pivot tables, graphs, slicers, conditional formatting.
• High attention to detail and quality for all work products.
• Demonstrated experience presenting to large and executive-level audiences.
• Highly developed analytical, strategic-thinking, planning, project management, problem-solving, and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly within a multi-tasking environment and simultaneously manage multiple issues and projects with limited resources.
• Self-starter and critical thinker to shape and lead team efficiencies
Position may be located in either San Franscisco or Foster City, CA
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.