Senior Writer: Global Marketing - VISA.COM
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa’s innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world’s major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
The Global Visa.com team is looking for a writer who can intrigue users, pull them in and motivate them to do something, such as learn more or sign up for a product or service. You will write your heart out, covering topics from the latest payment technology to behind-the-scenes Olympic activities. If you want to know what that content looks like, do NOT go to Visa.com today. We are reinventing our editorial voice, with our audience, not Visa, at the center and you are a key driver of that change.
You will get to know and write for all of Visa’s audiences, in a way that connects them to Visa and the subject at hand through relevant and authentic storytelling. You will create a trusted voice, embodying the Visa tone, turning it up for headlines and keeping it at bay for editorial storytelling. You will need to take complex technology and translate it into simple friendly language so that anyone can understand it. You will represent the tone and voice of Visa in collaborative brainstorms, design reviews and all content-related interactions. You will collaborate with Visa business owners, creatives and agencies so that the Visa brand and voice come through the content they are developing. And lastly, you will have the opportunity to do the best work in your career and to have it be seen by millions of users coming to Visa.com.
- Create fun, thoughtful and compelling storytelling which are unmistakably Visa
- Write throughout Visa.com while making complicated technology solutions so simple and clear that a caveman would get it.
- Understand our many target audiences – consumers, card issuers, developers, merchants, etc.
- Contribute to copy standards and ensure our digital writing maintains a human and approachable voice and tone.
- Ability to seamlessly and skillfully bring together technical information and business considerations through Visa's brand and voice to consumer, business and technical audiences.
- Strong verbal communication skills in addition to written for both consumer, business and technical audiences.
- Comfortable working with and understanding new concepts and technology, and most importantly, their benefits.
Our desired qualifications are:
- 8+ years writing experience
- You are a great collaborator, with a sense of humor and ability to persuade others through charismatic charm
- Writing samples of your work (PDF)
- You are experience writing copy for ad campaigns, editorial and/or content marketing.
- You have superior communication skills and experience working with cross-functional teams
- You have the ability to work outside your comfort zone, challenge the norm and compromise nothing for quality
- Agency experience, or In-house content, production or creative teams preferred
**Please include 1-2 page PDF of your writing samples/ portfolio of your work/ no websites or links **
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.