Sr. Staff SW Engineer-Data Product Development
- Bengaluru, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Business Solutions Product Development team is a part of Visa’s Data Products Development organization and is responsible for designing, developing and managing 20+ applications and services for Visa’s Business Solutions line of products. Our range of products include data processing, business intelligence, data mining, and B2B payments solutions.
The successful candidate will be a lead developer focused on application development of critical information based applications.
- Work with product owners to understand the desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Mentor junior developers
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Create documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Strong with Object Oriented Design and Development using C# or Java
- Good knowledge and experience of database fundamentals, RDBMS data modeling, programming and performance tuning with MS SQL and/or equivalent database
- Sound grasp of Restful design principles and working experience with REST/JSON interfaces
- Good understanding of usability and user-interface design principles
- Good knowledge of secure coding practices and framework
- Experience with 508 and/or WCAG Accessibility based design is a plus
- Experience with Telerik and/or 3rd party controls will be a plus
- Experience in TDD and Continuous Integration using MS Build, Jenkins etc.
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services and/or other BI frameworks will be a plus.
- Experience in Agile methodologies such as Scrum. Working experience with tool like Jira would be a plus.
- Experience in supporting large enterprise applications.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or other related technology discipline.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.