Sr. Software Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer for the Business Solution Product Development team which is a part of Visa's Data Product Development organization. The position requires working as a member of a team responsible for designing, developing and managing Information products and services in support of Visa's Business Solution line of products. Our range of products include data processing platforms, reporting and data mining solutions, business to business payments platforms, etc. The successful candidate will perform application design, development, testing and maintenance of critical information based applications
• Design, Code, document and develop new applications and maintain existing applications
• Contribute to enhancements, and corrections to existing Business Solutions applications codebase
• Mentor junior developers to ensure deliverables are on time, within budget, and with good code quality
• Serve as development point of contact for complex technical software development issues, problem analysis and resolution
• Business and technical analysis, design, coding, unit testing, implementation and documentation of solutions for new development, system enhancements, and production support
• Work with architects, systems analysts, project managers, QA and other developers to successfully implement business requirements while applying the latest available tools and technology
• Participate in design and code review sessions as appropriate; to ensure the quality of work delivered by teammates is in accordance with development standards
• Responsible for the architecture, design, development, implementation of online and data based applications
• Interact with business units to define requirements/modifications and use case to utilize in designing appropriate solutions
• Provide recommendation on scope and scale of effort required to develop solution.
• Coordinate design activities, testing frameworks, and other related items in addition to contributing core product code
• Develop code that complies with design specifications and meets security and Java/J2EE best practices. Coding must adhere to all standards for security, be easily maintainable and have high system performance.
• Collaborate with Development staff on individual and team deliverables
• Comfortable working in a loosely structured, fast-paced organization
• Create documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance
• Build working relationships with global and virtual teams on software development
• Identify opportunities for future enhancements and refinements to standards, best practices and development methodologies
• Work closely with project team and other groups
· 3+ years of experience in design and development of using C#/.NET Technologies is required
· Experience with ASP.NET, WCF, LINQ and MVC architectural pattern required
· Experience working on Windows IIS hosted platform is required
· Experience with MS SQL Server or another RDBMS required
· Experience in SQL and/or PL/SQL is required
· Experience win on SOAP/Restful Web-services development preferred;
· Experience working on N-Unit Test cases to automate the unit testing and integration testing required
· Experience with secure coding practices and framework preferred
· Familiarity with tools like GIT/Stash, Maven and Jenkins is required
· Ability to solve complex software development/design issues
· Ability to write clean, coherent code following established coding guidelines
· Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and effective communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way
· Experience developing as part of Agile/Scrum team is preferred
· Passionate about delivering zero defect code that meet or exceed the proposed defect SLA and have high sense of accountability for quality and timeliness of one’s own deliverable's and team deliverable's
· Ability to deliver on multiple projects and manage priorities based on changing directions
· Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science, or related technology/engineering discipline
· Past experience in Payment industry and Commercial product line is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.