Staff SW Engineer (Front-End Developer)
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and
find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
The Business Solutions Product Development team is a part of Visa’s Data Products Development organization and is responsible for designing, developing and managing 20+ applications and services for Visa’s Business Solutions line of products. Our range of products include data processing, business intelligence, data mining, and B2B payments solutions.
The successful candidate will perform front-end application development of critical information based applications.
Work with product owners to understand the desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
Mentor junior developers
Continuously improve software engineering practices
Create documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance
- Engage with product owners to create application user interface wireframes, mockups and design interactions
- Help build a reactive universal app employing technologies such as Angular
- Design and build proof-of-concepts on next generation UI applications
- Design and build application user interface pages based on 508 and WCAG guidelines
- Participate in demos and code reviews
- Support multiple teams on their UI requirements
- Mentor Junior developers
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Experience with Object Oriented Design and Development using MVC/MVVM pattern using C# or Java
- Extensive experience building Single Page Applications that consume REST services with JSON
- Experience with Responsive UI development across different mediums like mobile and tablets
- Good knowledge and experience of database fundamentals, RDBMS data modeling, programming and performance tuning with MySQL, or MS SQL and/or equivalent database
- Sound grasp of Restful design principles and working experience with REST/JSON interfaces is a plus
- Good understanding of usability, and user-interface design principles and browser compatibility
- Good knowledge of secure coding practices and framework
- Experience with 508 and/or WCAG Accessibility based design is a plus.
- Good knowledge of secure coding practices and framework is a must.
- Experience in TDD and Continuous Integration using MS Build, Jenkins etc.
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services and/or other BI frameworks will be a plus.
- Experience in Agile methodologies such as Scrum. Working experience with tool like Jira would be a plus.
- Experience in supporting large enterprise applications.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or other related technology discipline.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.