Consulting Manager - PMO - Visa Consulting & Analytics
- São Paulo, State of São Paulo, Brazil
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA), is a global team of industry experts in strategy, marketing, operations, risk and fraud consulting, with decades of experience in the payments industry. Our VCA teams offers:
- Consulting services customized to the needs of Visa clients' business objectives and strategy
- Business and economic insights and perspectives that impact business and investment decisions
- Self-service digital solutions Visa clients can leverage to improve performance in product, marketing and operations
- Proven data-driven marketing strategies to increase clients’ ROI
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) team is looking for an individual to join our consulting practice and play a crucial role in the implementation of high-impact projects for Visa clients in Brazil. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring the execution of recommendations, campaigns and other actionable initiatives based on projects delivered by VCA to issuers, acquirers, merchants and other relevant players in the payments ecosystem. This person will ensure that the roadmap and recommendations set forth in VCA' project deliverables are deployed by Visa's clients and become embedded in their business processes and operations, thereby generating a positive impact in their performance and profitability that continues to ensure that Visa is both, the preferred brand and unique business partner.
The potential candidate will be based in São Paulo developing and implementing solutions on behalf of our clients.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Understand project requirements and objectives, identify key stakeholders and assign tasks appropriately
- Create project implementation schedule, establish clear objectives, assess initiative effort and determine realistic deadlines
- Fully manage end-to-end project implementation for Visa clients and internal teams according to the schedule activities, responsibilities and timelines (including issue and escalation management)
- Ensure ongoing process efficiency improvement, including the development of project management frameworks and tools to actively track and manage projects throughout its life cycle. Adopt resulting best practices
- Proactively engage with clients, VCA and Visa leadership in strategic & planning discussions
- Demonstrate robust leadership and outstanding teamwork throughout the project life cycle, managing expectations and responsibilities of different stakeholders
- Partner with peers in other functional areas (e.g., marketing, sales, risk, innovation) and across global regional teams to execute projects in ways that leverage the breadth and depth of Visa’s resources
- Provide clear an open communication in the form of periodical project updates to internal and external clients. Lead kick-off and project-end debrief meetings
- Establish IP repository for VCA based on the results of the projects implemented
Incumbents applying for the role should be self-motivated, highly energized, detail-oriented individuals who will deliver strategic thought leadership, problem diagnostics and high impact solutions to clients support the growth and performance. Candidates must be able to develop enduring, strategic relationships with internal and external clients and across the Visa organization.
8-10 years of project management and/or consulting experience, with especial emphasis in the financial services, technology and/or retail banking/cards industries
Substantial problem solving ability with strategic focus on process mapping, task management and execution
Self-motivated, results oriented individual with the ability to handle numerous projects concurrently
Outstanding team player, able to gracefully work with and influence people at all levels
Extremely disciplined individual, with superb attention to detail and follow-up skills
Proficiency with project management tools and methodologies
Financial acumen and understanding of profitability drivers of financial institutions
Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills
Fluent in English and Spanish
Bachelor degree from a top tier school in engineering, business administration or related course.
MBA from top tier school, PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent
3+ years of hands-on project management experience as PMO, ideally in the financial services industry
Experience in several key payment business areas, such as life cycle management, marketing, product management, operations, risk management and fraud
Experience in digital banking and/or digital commerce
Technology mindset, digitally curious, up-to-date with digital and technology
literature, news, etc.
Basic knowledge of human-centered design and design thinking
Fluent in Portuguese
Fluent in English, Spanish is a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.