Staff Software Engineer in Test (REF4169E)
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, fast-growing career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Staff Software Engineer in Test is part of the MAPPD Team based in Austin, TX, USA. We are in need of a highly motivated and skilled Staff Software Engineer in Test that is passionate on using modern software engineering and testing principles to deliver robust applications to our global users.
- Write test plan and test cases for various projects involving API's and UI
- Leading the team in various phases of application development
- Collaborate with development team to analyze, debug and resolve design and code issues
- Build test tools to improve quality and performance
- Develop software to augment existing test automation tools
- Establish coding and test automation standards
- Lead efforts to design, develop, execute, and maintain automated test suites
- Setup, configure, and maintain test environments
- Work closely with quality assurance engineers and provide technical guidance to peers as needed
- Support releases and should able to run push tests to certify the build
Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or a related field is required
Selenium web driver, TestNG
Testing Restful services
Agile Development, Continuous Integration using Jenkins and automated testing experience
Strong Unix skills, proficient with at least one shell and one high-level scripting language (bash, Python, Ruby)
Real passion for high quality software engineering
Experience leading a small team
7+ years software development and test experience
Accessibility Testing experience is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.