Strategy and Planning Lead – Global Visa Direct Commercialization
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
Visa Direct is a payment service that Visa provides to clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants and service providers) to facilitate fund transfers/disbursements to Visa accounts around the world using push payment technology, i.e. Original Credit Transaction (OCT). Visa Direct consumer and business applications include person-to-person (P2P) transfer, person to micro-business transfer (e.g. payments to landscaper), funds disbursement (e.g. insurance claim disbursements), bill payment, cross-border remittance and more. Currently, the push payments market around the world is estimated to be an $80T opportunity.
The Global Visa Direct Commercialization team will focus on accelerating growth for Visa Direct around the world. This is a unique opportunity to be part of building a new ecosystem in the fast moving world of payments. These kinds of opportunities don’t come along very often; prepare to work hard but have a lot of fun along the way!
The Strategy and Planning Lead will be responsible for working with the Strategy and Planning Senior Leader to ensure success of the overall business strategy and planning process to ensure overall success of Visa Direct commercial growth across the regions. This role will focus on coordination of the regional teams to accelerate sales of Visa Direct.
This is a matrix, cross functional role so organizational savvy and interpersonal skills are critical, as we interface with other specialized product groups, financial institution sales, merchant sales, client consulting, operations, technology, risk, analytics, marketing and corporate communications, legal, corporate strategy, interchange/pricing, and finance to coordinate the build, launch and support of Visa Direct. Visa is looking for an individual that is a thought leader in strategy and business growth with a proven track record of success in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines.
- Develop strategy for global sales acceleration, including determining highest potential markets, use cases, segments, etc, and how to deploy our resources for optimal growth.
- Leverage market-sizing study along with regional deep dives to develop the “first 5” and the “next 5”, etc.
- Develop strategies and work with constituents to get buy-in on new use cases and why/how, including interface with global VD product team working on new use cases
- Liaise with global client team to understand their expansion plans and how that fits into our regional growth
- Identify trends in the each market where real-time payments can solve pain points and develop plans to target each
- Develop and drive business planning and internal communications to executives, regions, countries and Visa in general
- Drive consolidation and roll-up of all pipelines and progress to summary level and report back to GSM&A and Visa Direct product leadership
- Drive Regional Commercial Steering Committees
- Develop and ensure execution of broad communications and education strategy to Visa, jointly with MarCom
- Drive financial planning, AOP, scorecard, and forecasts based on pipeline progress – in conjunction with regional teams and broader sales/product teams, for revenue, PV and TV
- Develop and execute on annual planning goals and compensation programs, in conjunction with global GMS&A team where appropriate
- Develop and execute a process to capture client feedback on product and value-added services needs, and socialize with other Visa teams, in particular the VD Platform and Policy team
- Develop and drive implementation of deal/incentive framework; work with VD product and help get buy in from global and regional finance and pricing teams
- Work with regional global VD product teams and operations to understand state of Issuer readiness, and state of client implementations and post-launch support
- Creative Self-starter with a bias toward action and proven track record for successfully developing, building, launching and commercializing technology products that delight customers
- 5+ year of industry related and leadership experience, including at least 2 years of experience leading commercialization teams, product management, strategy organization and/or management consulting
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong focus on delivering for clients
- Demonstrated thought leadership and the aptitude to think creatively and identify new ways to innovate and differentiate products with evidence of tangible business results
- Passionate about what you do and fired up about the opportunity to transform payments working for the industry leader
- Ability to inspire direct reports, where applicable, and influence those without direct management responsibility
- Possess a high level of professionalism and leadership skills to build business relationships, trust and respect with business partners and suppliers
- Strong team player, self-motivated and the ability to work independently at coordinating cross functional activities, obtain buy-in and elevate issues at critical junctures appropriately
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation necessary. Active listening and strong influencing skills required
- Proven project development experience
- Strong sense of urgency and experience driving to successful commercialization
- Ensure personal efforts are integrated and aligned with functional objectives
- Strong collaboration and influence skills to effectively lead cross-functional teams to drive deliverables, projects and engagements to completion
- Take prompt, decisive action after analyzing relevant information
- Ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to a broad audiences in an approachable way and to drive adaption
- An advanced degree from a top school strongly preferred
- Comfort leading and working closely with cross-functional teams required
- Visa and financial/payment industry knowledge as well as P2P, B2C and B2B market experience is a plus, but not required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.