Business Development Leader
- Beijing, China
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
To manage the business relationship between Visa and a very large China client through business development and sales efforts aimed at ensuring profitability and development of Visa’s brand, reputation and business presence and impact. This includes development and execution of business strategies, business plans, sales and projects which propagate profitable business for Visa and for the client.
This role encompasses the first point of contact between Visa and Clients and is central to our ongoing operation and long term success. This role incorporates financial result accountability and requires financial acumen, strong business orientation and accountability. This is a multi-disciplined role which requires a broad understanding of Visa products and services, whilst at the same time strong communication and account management skills.
- Develop and achieve country plan objectives through client account management and business development efforts.
- Responsible for the engagement with the client’s relevant functions and oversee the day to day relationship with the client. Establish and maintain positive, beneficial and constructive relationships with key stakeholders and influence client preference for Visa through provision of valuable business solutions through Visa capabilities
- Lead client annual planning meetings and quarterly business review to drive business growth.
- Design and implement account plan via Visa Playbook for the client to address opportunities to increase Visa shares and drive strategic initiatives.
- Deliver financial objectives including net revenue, payment volume and other targets through business deals, Visa assets, products, marketing promotion and VIK implementations.
- Co-ordinate and bond internal stakeholders to deliver cohesively compiled value added services, and support to the client. Unite internal functions, including Product, Marketing, Risk, Operations, Finance, Client Support, and etc., to set and deliver the strategic agenda for Visa's business with the client to increase penetration of Visa's payment products and programs via the introduction of new initiatives or the expansion of existing ones.
- Ensure accurate financial management of the client via the development of logical forecasting and reporting. Manage and monitor the process of the contracts with the client.
- Achieve Client Engagement Survey targets.
- Recognized degree preferably in Business/Economics/Marketing
- Minimum 8 years of proven sales experience, with strong account management experience and project management experience.
- Project management
- Financial management
- Deal structuring, negotiation, documentation and execution
- Good analytical skill to understand the profitability of new opportunities and existing business.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Excellent command of Mandarin and English
- MS Office and PC knowledge
- Ability to identify, develop and implement opportunities that will drive business growth for Visa and the Client.
- Deep understanding of payments industry and ecosystem.
- Strong relationship management skills. Ability to establish and manage relationship at multi-level with internal and external clients.
- Confidence and ability to influence and negotiate.
- Target oriented, self-driven, team player.