Business Development Leader
- Beijing, China
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
To manage the business relationship between Visa and a very large China client through business development and sales efforts aimed at ensuring profitability and development of Visa’s brand, reputation and business presence and impact. This includes development and execution of business strategies, business plans, sales and projects which propagate profitable business for Visa and for the client.
This role encompasses the first point of contact between Visa and Clients and is central to our ongoing operation and long term success. This role incorporates financial result accountability and requires financial acumen, strong business orientation and accountability. This is a multi-disciplined role which requires a broad understanding of Visa products and services, whilst at the same time strong communication and account management skills.
- Develop and achieve country plan objectives through client account management and business development efforts.
- Responsible for the engagement with the client’s relevant functions and oversee the day to day relationship with the client. Establish and maintain positive, beneficial and constructive relationships with key stakeholders and influence client preference for Visa through provision of valuable business solutions through Visa capabilities
- Lead client annual planning meetings and quarterly business review to drive business growth.
- Design and implement account plan via Visa Playbook for the client to address opportunities to increase Visa shares and drive strategic initiatives.
- Deliver financial objectives including net revenue, payment volume and other targets through business deals, Visa assets, products, marketing promotion and VIK implementations.
- Co-ordinate and bond internal stakeholders to deliver cohesively compiled value added services, and support to the client. Unite internal functions, including Product, Marketing, Risk, Operations, Finance, Client Support, and etc., to set and deliver the strategic agenda for Visa's business with the client to increase penetration of Visa's payment products and programs via the introduction of new initiatives or the expansion of existing ones.
- Ensure accurate financial management of the client via the development of logical forecasting and reporting. Manage and monitor the process of the contracts with the client.
- Achieve Client Engagement Survey targets.
- Recognized degree preferably in Business/Economics/Marketing
- Minimum 8 years of proven sales experience, with strong account management experience and project management experience.
- Project management
- Financial management
- Deal structuring, negotiation, documentation and execution
- Good analytical skill to understand the profitability of new opportunities and existing business.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Excellent command of Mandarin and English
- MS Office and PC knowledge
- Ability to identify, develop and implement opportunities that will drive business growth for Visa and the Client.
- Deep understanding of payments industry and ecosystem.
- Strong relationship management skills. Ability to establish and manage relationship at multi-level with internal and external clients.
- Confidence and ability to influence and negotiate.
- Target oriented, self-driven, team player.