Senior Credit Analyst - Credit Settlement Risk - Level 5
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Manager / Credit Analyst – London, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
- Protects Visa and its shareholders from financial loss or goodwill damage resulting of a client's failure to fulfil its payment obligations.
- Provides functional and managerial leadership over a portfolio of European corporations and financial institutions including credit assessments, monitoring and risk mitigation.
- Represents the Credit Risk team in company initiatives working closely with internal and external stakeholders including senior executives to achieve business goals and objectives.
- Champions a risk culture within the company
- Establishes and fosters relationships with Client and internal stakeholders at all levels of staff, senior and executive management. Provides thought leadership and strategic guidance during the solution development process to ensure all necessary risk solutions are fully implemented.
- Provides detailed knowledge of Visa credit risk framework, process and procedures, and demonstrates the ability to follow those processes and procedures with no guidance to complete work on time and with quality
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Provide leadership, strategic direction and management of a credit portfolio consisting of European corporations, financial institutions, and fintechs”.
- Lead financial assessments through interaction with client senior management and internal account executives -- assessments entail financial statement and cash flow analysis and modelling to ascertain the credit health of each respective client.
- Assess the economic and political conditions and outlooks of European countries -- keep abreast of economic and political conditions that may increase the country risk in places where Visa does business
- Implement risk solutions including the collection of collateral to minimize risk to Visa on unsound clients
- Lead engagement with internal and external senior executives to contribute to strategies that support business growth while advising on solutions to address risk concerns
- Grow the team's analytical skills and business knowledge, sharing subject matter expertise and acting in a mentorship capacity where appropriate.
- Monitor risk exposures to ensure that any material uncovered risk exposures are suitably addressed
- Coordinate with the collateral administrator and other internal stakeholders to ensure collateral is received timely and placed in the appropriate safekeeping accounts
- Produce risk reports and metrics for management
- Identifies opportunities to improve credit risk processes and procedures and takes the initiative to lead and drive change that results in measurable and sustained improvement in cost and/or quality.
- Deliver solutions within a matrix organization.
- Leadership involvement in key department or company projects
What we’re after…
- High level of credit underwriting experience within the corporate and financial services industry
- Educated to degree level, or hold equivalent professional experience
- Highly motivated to drive strong initiatives and results.
- Good interpersonal skills; able to cultivate strong working relationships with internal stakeholders and clients
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Ability to synthesize information and make concise recommendations
- High accuracy and attention to detail
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.