Product Analyst, Merchant Operations
- Palo Alto, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
We are developing and executing a shared strategic vision for Loyalty platforms and products that enable Visa to be the world-leading data-driven payments company. We are seeking someone who can analyze data trends, is persistent, determined, and will question illogical patterns but is still able to think creatively and enjoys brainstorming to find solutions.
As Product Analyst, you’ll be an integral member of the Merchant Operations team, working on a variety of challenging tasks and will be primarily responsible for researching merchant data. You’ll use a variety of Visa tools along with proprietary loyalty platforms and will work cross-regionally and cross-functionally to ensure loyalty programs are executed flawlessly.
• Provide program and project management support for merchant research requests
• Priority driven, follows through and communicates status and next steps with stakeholders
• Collaborates with cross-functional teams across the full loyalty family of products
• Develop expert knowledge on the methodology of merchant identification process
• Proactively provides feedback and recommendations for improvement of current processes
• Partner with our support teams to resolve customer concerns and evolve our current support processes
• Gather and implement feedback and recommendations for how we can improve our merchant data validation processes
• Provide program and project management support for platform, product, and tool driven change initiatives
• Develop departmental procedures and best practices standards
• Develop expert knowledge on the features and business applications of our products
• Proactively review user trends to make recommendations for improvement of current processes, policies and tools
• BA/BS degree or higher
• 3+ years of experience in payments or payment processing
• Understanding of the transaction lifecycle
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills paired with unwavering attention to detail
• Self-motivated and quick to learn new skills and operational processes
• Experience using MicroStrategy, running SQL scripts in Hadoop (or a desire to jump in and learn)
• Ability to thrive in a cross functional setting and communicate effectively with different teams at Visa
• A positive attitude, calming demeanor, and a great sense of humor
• Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical abilities
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Payment processing background is a big plus
• Knowledge of the Visa’s merchant data hierarchy a big plus
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.