Staff Software Engineer
- Bengaluru, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Developer Platform is a strategic initiative dedicated to transforming how Visa designs, builds and deploys software products and exposes APIs to external developer community. We are a multi-disciplinary team engaged on multiple fronts:
- We are building frameworks and tools that enable Visa’s software developers to build new products in a modular, services approach, expose those services to other developers. Additionally, we build tools that enable service discovery and make it easier to connect to other services.
- We are building an enterprise scale API management platform with an ambitious objective to consolidate multiple partner and developer facing assets across Visa into a common platform in order to simplify partner connectivity, decrease integration costs, and accelerate the pace of collaboration and innovation across Visa’s payments ecosystem.
- We are developing infrastructure and frameworks dedicated to engineering efficiency – simplifying and automating everything from CI/CD to developer analytics and productivity tools.
- We are leveraging state of the art, third party and open system tools to develop a highly efficient platform.
- We believe that great design has the ability to engage and inspire users and we strive to rethink and redefine how users interact with our applications and products. All of our team members are strategic thinkers and conceptual problem solvers who make every UX decision an informed one.
Additionally, we are engaged in innovation where we build applications of next generation payment experiences using technologies such as IoT, AR/VR, Big Data and Block chain. If you are a passionate, looking for a well-rounded experience in building complex, large scale platform components or rapidly prototype experimental scenarios or dream of creating an ideal developer productivity suite leveraging creativity and automation, you should come work for Visa. As part of the Visa Developer Platform team, you will get to work on any or all of the above.
- MS or BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Solid CS fundamentals and good grasp of DS and Algorithms
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming language
- Must like and be comfortable with being hands on
- Self-motivated and drive for excellence
- Experience in building scalable, reliable and high performance systems
- Financial services and/or payments processing industry experience is a plus
- Experience in Java/J2EE, Spring frameworks and REST/Microservices
- Participate in Continuous Integration or Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Be part of a small team of go getters in an agile model and preferably mentor the team
- Participate and invest significant time in development of new capabilities
- Assist with architecture for new capabilities in the system
- Design and build new capabilities that are of high quality and delivered in a timely manner.
- Work collaboratively across team boundaries to share common infrastructure and functional capabilities
- Provide feedback to influence the team’s roadmap and strategy