IAM Release Manager
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere . This is our global vision and the common purposethat unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the platform for multiple applications. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, patches, security improvements, projects and Programs. Where necessary you’ll provide tools and services to help product management and project teams manage and deploy releases into production.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field
- 4+ years of previous release and/or project management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred)
- 6+ years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
- ITIL trained and 2+ years of experience in ITIL framework. ITIL Foundation certified preferred.
- 3+ years of experience using Jira managing releases, structures
- Formal training in project management practices preferred
- Advanced knowledge of software development life-cycle
- Familiar with CI process and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
- General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office expert level knowledge of Excel
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.