Cybersecurity Platform System Administrator
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Identity and Access Management (IAM) team is responsible for securing employee access to our core applications in the most efficient, compliant and user-friendly manner, innovatively using the latest industry standards and tools. Our goal is to become the gold standard for IAM worldwide, and we are already on our way, recently winning Oracle’s annual Identity Management Innovation award.
Visa's IAM eco-system includes an extensive, and highly customized, rich Identity Management platform implementation. The team has successfully implemented many of the core components. However, we have many features yet to be designed and integrated in order to achieve an acceptable level of coverage.
With the additional features and the goal of extensive coverage comes a higher level of complexity, criticality, overall usage, and dependency on the environment.
We are seeking an experienced Cybersecurity Systems Administrator to become a member of our Global team of IAM experts to lead and influence further development, operations, and support of the IAM environment as well as interfacing with stakeholders and O&I at a highly technical level. .
The successful candidate will have a fundamental understanding of networking and security concepts as well as hands-on in-depth experience with a programming/scripting language. In addition, the candidate should possess the ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues, and the willingness to take on challenges.
Undergraduate degree or Master in CS, Engineering, related field.
- 2-5 years’ experience in system administration
- 2+ Years of experience administering Linux and/or Windows
- 2+ Years of experience with a programming/scripting language such as Java, Unix Shell, C#, PowerShell, or Perl
- 1+ Years administering, troubleshooting, and optimizing WebLogic
- 1+ Years performing code deployments into a Linux/WebLogic environment
- 1+ Years of database development experience; Microsoft and/or Oracle
- 1+ Years assisting with disaster recovery planning
Key responsibilities and qualifications
- Perform maintenance and implementation of various enterprise Identity Management components like IdM (Oracle IAM Suite or SailPoint), UPM, Single Sign-On application or Bastion solution
- Perform analysis of IAM related incidents, including Data analysis
- Documentation of the root cause
- Recommendations for remediation
- Write and optimize SQL queries and develop reports
- Assist with code deployments (design and test plan review)
- Work closely with Management, Development team, and the Quality Assurance team to communicate issues and proposed solutions
- Strong understanding of network protocols and network security
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; able to engage with peers, stakeholders, and customers to provide incident support
- Excellent organizational skills; able to work with a vast array of information and able to cope with rapidly changing information
- Work within a globally distributed team of IAM team members and customers; sometimes having to provide support outside of normal business hours and on weekends.
- Operations experience in an enterprise Identity Solution environment is highly desired
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This position must sit onsite in Austin, TX.