Vice President, Marketing Analytics
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Vice President of Marketing Analytics leads the development and execution of fact-based reporting, analysis and analytical models used to enhance decision making across the marketing function. He or she supports the organization with insights and predictive models to produce improved results and impact. This role reports directly to the Senior Vice President, Global Marketing Platforms & Capabilities and leads a team of analysts to support measurement, insights, modeling, and other related analytical work. This team is the MROI team within Visa.
The Vice President, Marketing Analytics is responsible for building a cohesive high performing team by providing leadership, setting strategic direction and applying expertise. This leader is also accountable for providing leadership to direct reports and partners closely with counterparts across the Marketing & Communications organization globally, as well as cross-functional leaders and executive management.
- Lead the MROI team with proven ability to both manage foundational work, while staying informed on new models/methods and provide thought leadership in evolving to new/enhanced ways of working.
- Collaborate closely with Global Human Insights, Business Analytics, COEs, regional/country marketing teams and agency partners to fully understand end to end briefings, campaign executions, ROI measurement requirements and results implications
- Gain buy-in for measurement models from key stakeholders, and connect MROI results to actionable business application.
- Oversee development of dashboards and standardized reports to provide ongoing insight to marketing stakeholders and work to ensure utilization and adoption of reporting by these stakeholders
- Leads the creation and maintenance of appropriate marketing key performance indicators, ROI models, and predictive models for marketing campaigns to determine effectiveness, provide optimization recommendations, and influence marketing campaign planning
- Lead ongoing enhancements to Visa’s marketing mix model to increase accuracy and ensure alignment to relevant business decisions/challenges
- Develop and manage a statistical model measuring the medium and/or long-term impact of changes in Visa’s brand health to changes in Visa’s business performance
- Oversee development and subsequent application of multi-touch attribution modeling to relevant digital campaigns
- 15+ years of marketing analytics experience in a highly data-driven, analytical environment
- Proven leadership skills building and leading high performing organizations
- Strong ability to translate quantitative data into actionable recommendations and to translate business objectives into marketing goals and measurements
- Highly proficient in econometric and statistical modeling techniques such as multivariate multiple regression, factor analysis, logistic regression, Bayesian, Choice modeling and conjoint analysis, etc. High proficiency in as many of the following: SAS, SPSS, R, MS Excel, PowerPoint, SQL, and Hadoop
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including the ability to translate analyses into easily digestible content for executive management consumption
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills
- Bachelor degree required. MBA/MS or Ph.D. in statistics, accounting, finance, or economics preferred
- Establishes internal and external partnerships by identifying common interests and mutually beneficial opportunities.
- Establishes a goal-oriented culture and continually raises the bar for organizational achievement.
- Scans the internal and external environment to leverage new sources of data and create a compelling vision for the organization.
- Creates an environment where independent thinking is encouraged and where productive debate about existing assumptions, methods and processes is the norm.
- Recognizes and acts on ways to anticipate needs, address unmet demands, and enter new markets.
- Champions and devotes resources to process improvement efforts across the function and the company.
Execute on Commitments
- Creates clear strategic priorities for the business and aligns resources accordingly.
- Ensures that decisions are made in a timely manner without overanalyzing data; holds managers accountable for balancing risks and meeting goals.
- Effectively prioritizes the most critical projects for the business function and aligns resources appropriately.
- Monitors success metrics against established criteria and benchmarks.
Collaborate Across Boundaries
- Executes decisions with the goals and vision of the company in mind; acts as a representative of the company brand both internally and externally.
- Identifies complex issues affecting multiple areas and develops solutions that can be applied across the organization.
- Ensures a culture of cooperation and relationship building at every level of the organization; builds and continually revisits organizational structures that best support a culture of collaboration.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.