Senior Security Architect (Big Data)
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Seeking out the smart
We are rounding up the brightest minds to innovate with us across the technology landscape. We need fresh thinking, daring suggestions and raw creativity. We are in the business of shaping the future – everybody’s future. Our customers and our employees alike. We are Visa.
Think you know us?
We do not deal in money, numbers or figures. We create the ground-breaking technologies and bold solutions that keep our world ticking over, connecting us all, every single day.
Our people keep things running smoothly at Visa. That’s why we invest in each and every one of our staff individually. We want them to grow with us, stick with us and help us reach even dizzier, and more extraordinary new heights.
We’re targeting dynamic thinkers who can hit the ground running with our latest exciting job opportunities.
If you think you could truly support the security of Visa as a Security Architect, Applications Security we want to hear from you.
What’s it all about?
Cybersecurity is at the beating heart of our business. Our diligence and expertise is what makes us undisputed leader in electronic payments. We’ve made it our priority to create a top-tier Security Architecture team, poised to defend us against any potential cyber threats.
We’re looking for those of you who are inherently driven and fascinated by the art and science of cyber defence. We’ll equip you with the very best tools and tech so that you can deliver top notch results.
Continuous self-development underpins job fulfilment at Visa. As a Security Architect, you’ll be exposed to a variety of challenges and opportunities to hone your skills. We’ll provide the right environment and a plethora of top notch professionals to learn with and from.
You may have noticed that payment has become a very popular area in the last several years. Given the strong demands and innovation, this will be a very exciting area in the next 5 to 10 years. VISA is clearly a very strong leader in the payment industry, and is in a fast pace of technology transformation. For a payment system to work well, advance technologies such as data platform, big data, data mining, machine learning, cloud, etc. are critical. In VISA, we have all of these. Cybersecurity is at the beating heart of our culture. Our diligence and expertise is what makes us the undisputed leader in electronic payments. Data security is our top priority.
Data is the most valuable asset in Visa. The Cybersecurity group is dedicated to protect advanced technology (e.g. Cloud, Machine Learning and Big Data), systems and services to make data secure, high quality, rich, fast, and easy to use. This enables Visa the ability to leverage its data asset in an effective and timely manner to maximize technology/business development and differentiate Visa from others in the payment industry.
We’re seeking a security expert who are inherently driven and fascinated by the art and science of cyber defence. We’ll arm you with the very best tools and tech so that you can deliver top notch results. Development underpins job fulfilment at Visa. As Senior Security Architect, you’ll be enthused by getting stuck into various defence and security sector related projects, as well as the chance to work with the security experts in the central Cybersecurity group and the people in the Data Platform group at every level to drive to make our data highly secure.
This position is based in Foster City, California. The ideal candidate will have very strong leadership and technical depth in the security, software development, and big data areas.
- Be a product security champion by driving Security Architecture and Design/implementation/optimization for platform, data, web, API and applications across Data Platform.
- Engage in the initial requirements definition (including analysis of threats and risks and alingnment with Visa security, Engineering, IT and Architecture standards.
- Conduct and facilitate security reviews, threat modelling including deep design reviews throughout the development lifecycle.
- Facilitate "table-top"/red-team/scenario analysis exercises in conjunction with other security experts and SME's; and plan the resolution of any identified vulnerabilities/issues.
- You’ll be working on enabling/building security on various platforms and technologies which protect the platforms and applications from all attacks in Data Platform.
- Automate security tools and processes ensuring innovation and advancement strategies that keep pace in the areas of access control, security-in-depth, secure transaction processing, secure coding practices for web and mobile applications.
- Help Data Platform team to achieve various compliance certifications like PCI, FFIEC etc.
- Be responsible for overall planning, direction and oversight of multiple projects, products, services or functions.
- Identify and analyze system and application level vulnerabilities to provide recommended counter measures or mitigating controls that reduce risk to an acceptable and manageable level.
- Independently formulate direction, design or oversight for the development of major Enteprise-wide programs or plans that have significant impact on the success of the organization.
- Instill best practices on security for software development. Drive for engineering excellence related to security. Provide technical guidance to the team.
Think you have what it takes?
If you’re interested in a career that will surprise you – get in touch with Visa today.
Visa is strongly committed to equal opportunity and strives to fully align with equal employment laws, ordinances and regulations for all applicants and employees. A place where everyone is accepted everywhere. That is our vision, and our passion. We believe that when each of us are empowered to discover our true potential, what we can do together is limitless.