Social Impact: Director, Philanthropy & Employee Giving (Flexible Location within U.S.)
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
Visa recognizes that operating a successful company is about much more than delivering strong returns to shareholders. We strive to make a positive, and ideally transformative impact on the world, based on the belief that doing well can and should mean doing good, particularly for a global organization like Visa whose business is connecting the world to enhance financial inclusion.
Through our mission of helping micro and small enterprises thrive, we strive to be a catalyst for growth and positive change around the world. By harnessing our capital, our assets, our people, and our knowledge, we are focused on helping set millions of microenterprises globally on a path to growth. We see micro and small enterprises as the backbone of the global economy, and our goal is to empower these enterprises and improve their livelihoods, ultimately creating a ripple effect throughout their communities.
These efforts build on the strong legacy of social impact Visa has created through corporate giving, financial inclusion and financial literacy. We support broader community needs and humanitarian responses in times of crises, are committed to acting responsibly through environmental, social and governance and our more than 17,000 employees contribute to communities in meaningful ways through volunteering and charitable giving.
To date, we have achieved significant progress – in 2017 alone, we empowered 100+ million net-new cardholders, educated millions of consumers through financial literacy programmes, facilitated nearly $2M of employee charitable giving and 34,000+ volunteer hours, and announced a commitment to transition to 100% renewable electricity within two years.
However, there is more for us to achieve. We are embarking on a new, exciting era and expanding our team so we can move Visa towards becoming a global leader and influencer of governments, non-governmental organizations, and other for-profit companies.
- Collaborate with Head of Community Programs in execution of team’s activities
- Work with SI regional leaders and other Visa stakeholders to execute community strategies in regions and local offices
- Where possible, work to align charitable contributions with and/or complement Visa’s mission to drive small / micro merchant impact, in particular
- Manage the global Matching Gift program, including the SaaS platform and vendor relationship, reporting, program enhancements, processing and troubleshooting
- Collaborate with the Head of Stakeholder Engagement to support the delivery of Visa’s employee volunteering goals by ensuring there are adequate amounts of volunteering opportunities for employees.
- Manage the global Visa Volunteers program, including Dollars for Doers and Donations with Volunteerism
- Guide Visa’s 10 global Employee Volunteer Councils and 115 global office Volunteering Leaders– empowering the staff to be regional and local leaders in volunteerism
- Support Visa’s philanthropic response to disasters and humanitarian crises, including activation of employee responses
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with internal partners / functions
- Represent Visa in external organizations and initiatives focused on employee community involvement
- Role reports to Head of Community Programs
- Demonstrated experience managing and growing similar programs in a corporate environment
- Experience in corporate philanthropy and program management
- Exceptional project management skills and the ability to structure and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously and drive to completion
- Passion for and ability to create social impact
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.