Manager, Security Solutions Delivery and Product Optimization
- Miami, FL, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa Direct Solutions LAC
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
Visa's Product and Innovation organization in LAC is seeking a highly skilled authorization ad fraud management professional with extensive experience in payment systems, executing within high performing authorization/fraud operations, implementing strategic business approaches and initiating systems/processes to reduce or mitigate fraud and raise the level of authorizations. This position will be responsible for activities which provide high impact, differentiation, optimize and serve clients to optimize authentication and authorization performance.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of industry expertise regarding fraud, credit risk, Visa's security solutions, emerging trends and technologies within the payments industry.
- Partner and provide subject matter expertise, guidance, and best practices to clients to create high impact reductions in fraud while optimizing client authentication and authorization strategies.
- Take a proactive approach to staying up-to-date with product developments through knowledge sharing, product documentation and product releases.
- Required to interpret and analyze complex transaction (authentication, authorization, tokenization data) and identify patterns, trends, and make independent decisions on fraud risk strategies utilizing this analysis.
- Produce regular, detailed reporting, client engagement sessions, product demonstrations, trainings, implementation and/or optimization presentations to clearly explain the performance of current risk management strategies, and if appropriate, suggested improvements to business processes and strategy. This includes use of risk scores, authentication / authorization rules, real time decisioning, case management, performance indicators, and management of the consumer experience.
- Execute and manage to timely product launch schedules, unit metrics, and client needs in coordination with Sales and broader stakeholders.
- Gather and provide client feedback into risk products for continued enhancements for new and existing risk products.
- Independent decision making with an eye on client and team collaboration is required on daily basis and includes delivering recommendations to all levels of Visa or client management.
- Utilizing Visa's Leadership Practices, provide industry best practices through white papers, webinars, user forums, workshops, client meetings, and other engagements, as appropriate.
Nature of role
The role-holder will work closely with companies that are at the leading edge of payments innovation and on projects that have high-visibility and impact. The role-holder should be motivated by managing high-profile, complex projects relatively independently. Given the strategic nature of the partners involved and the end-to-end responsibility of the role, the role-holder is very well-positioned for recognition and growth.
Key matrices that the candidate would be responsible for would include product readiness in key markets, transaction success rates and service quality.
The role would also require briefing country managers on product infrastructure readiness, gaps and necessary interventions.
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Economics, Business, or Engineering.
- 10+ years of experience in risk and risk product commercially focused roles required.
- Fluent in English, Spanish and Portugese preferable.
- Experience interpreting results from risk products used to detect and mitigate fraud
- Must have a global mindset and ability to work with a global team in a highly matrixed environment.
- Strong independent strategic thinking, outstanding verbal and written communication, presentation and analytical skills with an ability to deliver results, communicate complex concepts and results.
- Knowledge of Visa Risk Products preferred (including Verified by Visa, Visa Consumer Authentication Service, Visa Advanced Authorization, Visa Risk Manager, Tokenization, Mobile Location Confirmation and others)
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel required with Hadoop, Tableu. SQL
- A good network of technology service suppliers around the region
- A track record delivering and managing financial services technology
- Close affinity with scheme based payments
- Experience in working with API and ISO standard financials services systems
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation necessary.
- Ability to work under pressure of tight deadlines and frequent changes
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.