MS SQL Database Developer (HR Systems Sr. Software Engineer)
- Austin, TX, USA
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses, and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants, and government entities with a secure, convenient, and reliable way to pay and be paid in more than 200 countries and territories.
The Corporate IT (CIT) organization is responsible for all facets of architecture, software development and production support of key internal systems supporting areas such as Finance, Revenue, Treasury, Human Resources, Legal, Risk, Compliance, Contact Center and End User. Within this organization, the Human Resources Information Technology (HRIT) team supports full life-cycle delivery and ongoing support of strategic technology initiatives primarily for the Human Resources business units, and the global employee community.
Located in the Austin-based Shared Service Center, the HR Systems Sr. SW Engineer will report to the HRIT Integration Hub Lead and works within the HRIT team as an individual contributor participating in integration design and development, and technology delivery projects. This role will have significant collaboration with business partners, multiple Visa IT teams and third-party vendors. The portfolio includes SaaS and hosted packaged applications such as Workday, Cornerstone, ADP, SmartRecruiters, ServiceNow, and many others. The ideal candidate will be able to easily understand business goals/requirements and be forward thinking to identify problems that may be effectively resolved with technology solutions. Additionally, this position provides 8x5 application administration and user support services; working primarily with business users to provide technical support and coordinate timely and effective resolution to questions and issues associated with the HR Systems integrations.
This position requires a minimum of 5 years of combined experience in technical product development/implementation, and engineering in techno-functional teams. A background working with packaged software for corporate operations (i.e. Human Capital Management (HCM), payroll, time tracking, benefits, compensation, learning systems, etc…) is a plus. He/she must demonstrate a strong competency in helping to create and sustain an enterprise-wide environment that fosters accountability, quality, commitment, growth and innovation.
- Development and application configuration for the HR Systems, primarily focused on integration and application extensions
- Design and implement solutions to enhance the end user experience utilizing vendor supplied APIs and web services
- Partner with IT groups such as Engineering, Network, Security, and Infrastructure on project delivery activities specific to integration and development
- Participate in end user support of integrations for SaaS and hosted applications, including diagnosing, troubleshooting, and corrective actions.
- Participate in technology project delivery activities such as business requirement collaboration, conceptual approach, design, development, test case preparation, unit/integration test execution, support process documentation, and status updates
- Support project managers in providing delivery estimates and adherence to scope, budget and timeline
- Interact with 3rd party vendors on integration and development activities
- Participate in vendor demo and technical deep dive sessions for upcoming projects
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in application development unit testing
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with SaaS and externally hosted applications
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server and TSQL
- Experience with the Microsoft .Net Framework, C# coding and the Visual Studio IDE and TFS
- Proven experience working with technologies such as XML, XSD, XSLT,WSDL, XPath, JSON and SOAP/REST Web Services and Web technologies
- Experience with Transport protocols including MQSC, WCF, FTPs, HTTPs, SMTP, LDAP
- BizTalk, ETL, and/or other middleware tool experience preferred
- Basic SFTP and encryption knowledge
- Experience working effectively with business and IT staff in multiple locations and in a multinational environment is very strongly preferred
- Proven experience in eliciting and elaborating business requirements, drafting system design specifications, and developing technical solutions
- Strong follow-through, ability to drive to closure and resolution of complex system issues. Excellent problem identification, analysis and solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to absorb, analyze, and understand new information, technologies and practices quickly
- Exceptional communication and customer facing skills, able to interact effectively with diverse groups of global stakeholders, both technical and business users. Active listener, customer focused, relationship builder, team player
- Understanding of project management, SDLC, risk management, quality engineering
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.