Staff Software Engineer
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Our team works together to build a wide variety of web experience that power, extend and showcase Visa's internal Cloud platform such as requesting and managing environments using either VMs, containers or bare metals, workflow automation tools, graphs and visualizations for relationships/utilization and a whole lot more. On this team, you'll create efficient and reusable systems with extensive test coverage and modern technologies. You'll also work in a rapidly iterative environment where we prototype new user interfaces and ship new code frequently. Ultimately, you'll have the opportunity to own projects by driving architectural, product and technological decisions.
At the core, we need a strong Java Developer and here are the technical requirements of this position:
- 7+ years of experience as a software engineer with degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- Experience of building REST based web services & web applications using Java and Spring framework
- Experience writing unit and integration test cases
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented design and programming concepts
- Experience of building software/frameworks for infrastructure automation/PaaS/Continuous Delivery
- Bachelor's degree in technology related field
Possessing the above qualifications, and excited about these crucial pieces, please apply for our position:
- Work independently, driving projects end to end and provide guidance to Junior developers
- Identify opportunities for future enhancements and refinements to standards, best practices
- Collaborate and talk through your architecture and delivery decisions
- Tackle the tough design and product problems
- Be a little biased toward back-end functionality, but excited to own the complete end-to-end feature development
- Lead by example as a hands’ on developer who will produce high quality, production-ready code
Nice to have:
- Master's degree preferred
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.