Director, Visa Rules Management (Canada)
- Toronto, Ontario, ca
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Lead day to day management on all Visa Rules related matters:
- Ensure that Clients are compliant to the Visa Rules and monitor, investigate and validate the compliance status of Clients. Where necessary, pursue corrective, and negotiated action with Clients to bring them into compliance as appropriate.
- Take a proactive role managing relationships, employing best practices around client engagement model.
- Manage internal and external relationships to ensure an active dialogue regarding compliance enforcement and the business escalating where appropriate to the Global Visa Rules Management team.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders on ensuring minimal brand and reputational risk exposure to the Visa Inc. enterprise.
- General Client compliance with Visa By-Laws and Visa Rules:
- Assessment of the severity of the violation
- Management of the resolution, including:
- Assessment of fines/penalties;
- Support internal and external clients in understanding and using the visa Rules waiver process as deemed appropriate by regional and global Senior Management.
- Updates to compliance processes /business rules;
- Communication with Clients, Business Development, Risk and business rule owner.
- Act as the subject matter expert on Visa Rules by providing Clients and staff with interpretation support and analysis of Visa Rules. This includes full participation for all projects as required.
Provide Support for Growth Opportunities and Process Improvements:
- Support Clients and staff with interpretation support and analysis on Visa Rules impacts to business. This includes, day to day projects as well as consulting on new opportunities and business models.
- Work with local and global stakeholders re: coordination of centralized Canada waiver reporting process
- Facilitate cross-functional engagement with global teams to ensure all requirements/impacts are covered locally in Canada i.e. Licensing, Risk, 3rd party agent registration, records management etc.
- 8 to 10 years experience working effectively with global teams and local teams; ability to work with multiple stakeholders and create project teams to assist in execution and implementation of new products or services (Marketing, Sales, Operation, internal/external stakeholders).
- Possesses strong analytical skills and ability to execute on plans
- University degree preferred, MBA would be an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, lobbying and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to effectively work under pressure, be proactive and self-challenging when dealing with challenging compliance issues;
- Established knowledge of general auditing and compliance procedures and functions;
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to evaluate business compliance and adherence to relevant standards and able to make sound, rationale judgements and recommendations in carrying out compliance activity;
- Proven negotiation skills to manage internal and external parties and in the implementation of compliance actions in accordance with the procedures laid out in the By-Laws, and the Visa Rules;
- Excellent presentation skills, high personal impact and confidence to communicate and influence across all levels of the Visa Inc. organization and with Members;
- Excellent administrative and self-management skills including clear and demonstrable planning, tracking and organisation;
- High level of self-motivation, good judgment, diplomacy and tact, with the ability to work with staff at all levels of seniority throughout the organization;
- Understanding of Visa products, services and systems;
- Proven problem solving skills and organizational skills
- Proven commitment to excellent customer services skills
- Ability to create ‘presence’ and be viewed as a thought leader who can shape future thinking.
- The ability to translate analytics, research, client/consumer needs into actionable plans and deliverables.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.