- Milan, Metropolitan City of Milan, Italy
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
We are often recruiting for Managing Consultants to build our existing team. If you think you could support Visa as a Managing Consultant within Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA), we want to hear from you! Our team will be in touch with you to initially explore your skills and experience before a live position becomes available. This way, we have already started to consider you, and assessed your suitability, prior to the recruitment process initiating!
What’s it all about?
The Managing Consultant will report to our VCA Europe leadership working within Italy to deliver projects for Visa clients in the payments domain. The Managing Consultant will work towards the team’s goals and assist in the delivery of detailed data gathering, analysis, insight and practical recommendations to enable successful delivery of client projects.
What we expect of you, day to day.
Core responsibility of the Managing Consultant will be to oversee consulting activities in Italy, whilst supporting our broader goals for VCA South Europe across the region. The role will report to the VCA South Europe leadership.
- Supports the VCA Europe leadership in implementing the Consulting strategy through the management of designated projects or technical areas.
- Takes initiative for sourcing new and expanding on existing consulting opportunities, using available data and insights from discussions with Relationship Managers and the Business Development team.
- Leads and/or manages the delivery of consultancy engagements ensuring that they:
- Are completed within agreed budgets and timeframes;
- Follow appropriate Visa Europe consulting methodologies and techniques; and
- Meet client expectations, resulting in high client satisfaction.
- Manages, directs and guides less experienced colleagues within own project teams.
- Supports resource allocation, by determining which contractors to use from partner networks.
- Oversees our client engagements and project delivery lifecycle
- Liaises with other parts of the Visa Europe business (e.g. the Sales team) to ensure the Consulting team has the right resources in place to meet requirements and effectively delivers consulting projects.
- Interfaces with the client on a regular basis throughout the project lifecycle, acting as a key point of contact.
- Proactively engages with and works closely with the Account Executives and Relationship Managing Directors across the business to proactively identify and support key client opportunities
- Acts as a key team-player across our VCA Europe team to help drive best practice and solutioning across the region
What we’re after…
- Extensive experience in management consulting; with proven project deliveries and expertise in consulting methodologies
- Deep expertise in retail banking and/or payment card industry and/or merchant retail business
- Familiar with Business Development practices and processes
- Project experience in a digital and technology-driven environment
- People management and leadership skills
- Proven influencing, selling and negotiation skills
- High intellectual capability evidenced by deep analytical skills
- Excellent sales orientation, experience selling major projects/ideas to senior management
- Ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders at all levels
- Fluent in English and Italian (written & verbal)
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (written and verbal) including an ability to comprehend and convey complex technical information
- Deep Business Acumen and Business Analysis Skills (research and analyse market and client information to tell a story)
- Technology/Digitally-savvy and an understanding of consumer economics/behaviour
- Curiosity & willingness to learn and develop as a professional
- Ability to travel
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.