UEFA Project Lead - Level 6
- London, UK
Job Title: UEFA Project Lead - Level 6
Job Code: REF14759K
Skill Category: Marketing
Job Type: Permanent
Posting Start date: Thursday 3rd January 2019
Closing Date: Thursday 31st January 2019
Salary: Competitive plus Benefits
This is a new exciting opportunity for the right individual, to manage the Project for Visa’s sponsorship of UEFA Women’s Football tournaments– UEFA Women’s Euros (every 4 years), UEFA Women’s Champions League, U19 and U17 Championships (annually) and UEFA Women’s Futsal (bi-annually). Additionally to lead the utilisation of Visa’s ongoing sponsorship of the UEFA Women’s Football property to help drive the acceptance, diversity & inclusion and female empowerment agendas within the business.
Reporting to the Head of Sponsorship, Brand and Client Marketing, the role will interact with all functions within the Europe business. Primarily Europe country cluster Marketing teams, the Marketing function within the London hub, plus other functions such as Sales, Product, Innovation, Merchant Sales & Solutions, Corporate Communications, HR, Legal and Senior Leadership. Additionally Global stakeholders, primarily within the Sponsorship and Brand Marketing functions.
Because UEFA Women’s Football sponsorship covers all of UEFA’s 55 European countries, of which 41 are in Visa’s Europe region and 14 in CEMEA, the role will also require frequent liaison with Visa’s CEMEA region
This role will project manage all of the activity utilising the UEFA Women’s Football Sponsorship property, establishing a Taskforce to manage identified work streams, throughout the contractual period with particular emphasis at UEFA Women’s Euros. The individual must have an expert understanding of sponsorship management and marketing, in order to guide internal stakeholders, manage agencies and liaise with rights holders.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Assume the lead in directing and managing the Projects to effectively utilize the assets acquired as part of Europe’s UEFA Women’s Football sponsorship.
- Develop strong relationships with internal key stakeholders within Marketing, Product, Innovation, Sales, Merchant, Legal teams etc; leading cross-functional teams to develop strategies and plans for utilization of our UEFA Women’s Football sponsorship property.
- Lead the creative development process for utilizing UEFA Women’s Football and any tournament specific communications
- Develop strong working relationships with the Europe country clusters, London hub functions and key stakeholders within CEMEA region and Global teams
- Establish a Project Management framework and Taskforce to manage the project work streams, identifying key milestones and project inter-dependencies
- Facilitate property asset allocation across the organization
- Oversee on site management, supervision, and coordination of UEFA Women’s Euros marketing programs
- Assist with the planning and coordination of any innovation initiatives to be used or showcased as part of UEFA Women’s Football
- Work with key stakeholders to support the development of exclusive client offers
- Provide input and support for marketing and communication plan development
- Manage all property approvals with UEFA, utilizing agency resource
- Sit on key Local Organizing Committee (LOC), and Partner Taskforces to represent Visa
- Manage sponsorship management agencies
- Manage property budgets and forecasting
- Develop and manage execution of any plan to deliver Visa onsite exclusivity at UEFA Women’s Euros
- Measure and track program key metrics
- Work with Corporate Communications to develop a staff engagement program for UEFA Women’s Football
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience
- Proven experience in Marketing / Sponsorship management
- Complex project management expertise, with the ability to manage multiple projects at one-time
- Ability to work within a swiftly evolving and changeable environment
- Ability to provide clarity and strategic direction for key stakeholders
- Ability to manage budgets
- Proven senior stakeholder and matrix management experience
- Exceptional operational skills and process-orientation
- Ability to manage multiple programs and vendors simultaneously
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively across functional areas to influence and achieve consensus on goals and objectives
- Strong planning, organizational and problem solving skills
- Work experience across major global events or similar national or multi-national properties and involvement in the organization of large events (FIFA World Cup, UEFA Champions League or Euro, etc.).
- Experience in payment services and point of sale infrastructure preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills, experience in client management is a plus
- Proven ability to manage and lead cross-functional teams toward common goals
- Self-starter; client-oriented, comfortable working independently
- Proficient on all Microsoft products including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- 25%+ travel required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.