Head of Products
- Bangkok, Thailand
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Head of Products, Thailand will be responsible for developing the Thailand country product strategy, providing the thought leadership and long-term design for the growth of credit, debit and prepaid products in the market. Reporting to the Head of Products for Southeast Asia, this role will drive key performance indicators of cards, payments volume, total volume, market share, PCE penetration and gross revenue targets.
Another primary focus is to continuously identify future product development opportunities in the market through deep client engagement, benefits & value proposition, digital deployment and digital solutioning.
The ideal candidate will be a high achieving leader familiar with a banker/issuer mindset as well as the digital and payments world, however those with a background in leadership of product & solutions in industries beyond financial services that are leaders in their field could be well suited to this role. The position will have significant interaction with all the major country-based functions (Marketing, Merchants Sales and Solutions, Government Relations etc) as well as Singapore hub-based executives, across Digital Solutions, Merchant Solutions, Risk Products and Data Analytics.
Key roles & responsibilities:
- Lead the Thailand consumer product strategy and solutions including but not limited to consumer value proposition, product rules, pricing, system infrastructure capabilities and thought leadership materials
- Establish and enhance pipeline of product enhancements, developments and acceleration plans
- Lead a team of innovative and engaged individuals focused on delivering best in class products to address local customer preference and anticipated needs.
- Manage and meet financial and business metric performance indicators for Visa Consumer products in Thailand including revenue targets, operating expense budgets, CIF, payment volume, transaction volume and international cash
- Drive technology and alliance partners and develop solutions / business opportunities that will provide value added services to Visa clients in an effort to support new product launches, issuer customization, and activation and usage programs
- Drive the collaboration, co-creation and co-development with local Fintech players in close coordination with internal innovation and partnership teams
- Actively involved in the implementation of issuer’s innovation agenda in close partnership with country and business development teams.
- Identify high-priority use cases, leveraging Human Centered Design and other consumer centric methods.
- Lead and support the expansion of Visa technologies in alternative acceptance channels (e.g. Contactless, Push Payments)
- Professional or Advanced Professional degree (eg. BS, MBA)
- 12-15 years’ experience in product management in retail banking, payments, finance, technology, or consulting industries in similar job functions
- Subject matter expertise in payment products with a digital-first mindset
- Ability to work in a matrix organization, and with cross functional teams
- Good analytical skills to assess the financial potential of new opportunities and existing business
- Strong consultative skills to establish relationships across the broader organization
- Able to engage, influence and build credibility with management and key stakeholders
- Able to effectively balance strategic imperatives and executional considerations to achieve necessary results
- Coordinating team player and thought leader qualities
- Authoritative, able to build credibility quickly, excellent problem solving skills
- Executive presence and influencer
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, tableau and Business intelligence tools
- Effective presentation style
- Strong teamwork skills and excellent collaboration skills
- English and Thai business level language skills