Technical Project Manager - HR
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Corporate IT (CIT) organization is responsible for all facets of architecture, software development and
production support of key internal systems supporting areas such as Human Resources, ADP Payroll and Integration, Global Risk and Compliance. Visa is looking for innovative, hands on leaders, with a track history of high performance that will drive positive outcomes for strategic investments. Our ultimate goal is to deliver business technology solutions that improve our customers’ capabilities.
The Technical Project Manager (TPM) role will report into Sr Director TPMO, as an individual contributor. Technical Project Managers have full accountability for end-to-end delivery of business requirements through a mix of waterfall, iterative and Agile project methodologies. This role will work closely with Delivery leads, Business partners and Vendor to implement packaged software applications and collaborate with Workday solution architects, Human Resources (HR) business partners and Visa employees to ensure projects are scoped, sequenced, and delivered in the priority of business value and need. In addition to leading multiple cross functional activities and work streams, the candidate will be expected to manage project scope, project budgets including external spend, and resource capacity and demand.
The ideal candidate for this position will have at least 12 years of combined experience in technical product development, project management, or HRIS leadership roles. Successful candidates will be passionate technologists with strong interpersonal and organizational skills who can easily adapt in a rapidly
changing environment. Budget discipline, effective scope management, a relentless focus on the projects critical path and communication among executives are critical skills. Experience delivering Workday, ADP Payroll, projects and improvements and / or other HR Technology is preferred. Experience in an Agile methodology is a plus.
- Working with business and technology subject matter experts to define scope, create accurate and inclusive estimates, develop budgets and project plans, and produce high quality project charters and other planning documentation needed for funding approvals.
- Direct project activities, conduct reviews, manage risk mitigation, issues, change control processes, and communicate status to senior executives within the development and business partner organizations
- Manage and track project budgets, forecasts and schedule to achieve target scope, schedule and cost.
- Ensure that all Corporate Business Systems projects are in compliance with Visa's internal Project Management Methodology and Key Controls and that accurate and timely information is collected and reported regularly on project progress and financial status.
- Provide project teams with expertise, direction, motivation, and encouragement. Direct project team composed of: local and remote teams/resources and external vendors, demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changes in roles and responsibilities.
- Achieve project goals by collaborating with stakeholders at all management levels across Visa, including architects and strategists, technical IT subject matter experts, business partners, vendors, and Visa senior management
- Demonstrate skills in conflict management and negotiation to achieve project goals and develop trust with stakeholders.
- Manage through influence, but without direct management authority. Use capabilities to influence customers and stakeholders, and properly manage divergent expectations.
- Embrace teamwork while promoting a culture of openness and flexibility.
- Drive agile adoption and scale agile across the organization.
- Working with limited direction, usually within a complex and devolving environment, to drive delivery of solutions while influencing cultural change.
- Provide thought leadership and recommendations to management based on best practices and experience working in a global and diverse environment.
- Communicate effectively and proactively with management ideas and recommendations for optimizing business operations, resources and fixed capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to resolve scheduling and other conflicts in order to meet all deadlines.
- Bachelors degree is required
- A degree focused on Technology, Business Operations or Information Systems Management preferred, and/or an MS/MBA is a plus.
- Strong Technical or Functional background and 8+ years of proven project management experience leading technical teams in the delivery of large and medium scale packaged applications, operational and integration efforts in a highly matrix environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills are required. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels.
- Proficiency with agile/SCRUM and Waterfall development methodologies and experience in working with agile life cycle and/or tracking and process/project management tools, e.g. Rally, JIRA, Microsoft Projects and Excel.
- Working knowledge of the software development life cycle from requirements gathering to post-implementation production support, including quality assurance and system integration.
- Strong process orientation and a solid understanding of project management techniques, SCRUM and SAFe methodologies and best practices
- Experience delivering applications such as Workday, ADP Payroll, and other HR Applications
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.