- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Digital & Development Platform at Visa is looking for a passionate senior leader to advance DDP’s environment platform to support delivery of Visa’s Payment Digitization. This Individual will be leading a talented Engineering team, applying your expertise to formulate solutions for difficult problems to implement and scale our environment/infrastructure strategy.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Digital Operations Engineering Services, the Director in India will be fully accountable for release engineering excellence functions across all Digital & Development Platform Products, including Development of Tools and Automation. S/he will closely work with production development, QA teams, in Bangalore and other locations for executing projects and environment needs within a shared strategic vision to enable product development.
- Lead a highly dynamic release engineering excellence team and work closely with US counterpart to ensure vision and strategy matches globally while providing unparalleled engineering services.
- Develop and nurture the India center by motivating and mentoring staff, hire critical talent and develop autonomous portfolio.
- Create an outstanding engineering culture of creativity and innovation embodying whatever it takes attitude with ownership and pride in work.
- Lead and provide mentoring, coaching and guidance to talented technologists. Develop strategic, mature, whole-function managers.
- Work collaboratively across team boundaries to share common infrastructure and functional capabilities. Drive productivity through engineering fundamentals, framework and best practices.
- Consult on a regular basis with leadership to align expectations and deliverables. Be aggressive and leverage resources to the fullest to work on multiple parallel initiatives and solutions.
- Extensive cross-organization collaboration playing a crucial role in interfacing with various technology teams to identify requirements, prioritize, and drive execution using agile methodologies. Provide feedback to core product teams to influence roadmap and strategy.
- Prior experience leading fast paced and mission-critical systems and application
- Solid Understanding of infrastructure, environment builds, configuration management, industry standards
- Prior container experience is a plus
- Must be high impact leader with a technology background and the ability to engage in conversations with executives, manage priorities, etc.
- Team player and passionate for building a culture of innovation and flawless execution.
- Must have demonstrated success in onshore-offshore organizational transformations along dimensions such as deep partnerships and agile collaboration with business, fostering a culture that encourages innovation and an enterprise agile product development process across borders.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, recruit, grow and retain high-caliber talent at scale. Experienced organizing, running, supporting, and growing large technology organization.
- Focus on release engineering tools and automation, to drive engineering capabilities while removing bottlenecks.
- Must demonstrate longer-term strategic thinking and staying ahead of state-of-the-art curve in order to keep abreast with what is possible technically, operationally and professionally.
- Capable of forming and advocating independent viewpoint. Demonstrate strong skills influencing, negotiating and communicating.
10-15 years of work, experience in a technical discipline is required.