Strategy Sr. Director South Cone
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA), is a global team of industry experts in strategy, marketing, operations, risk and fraud consulting, with decades of experience in the payments industry. Our VCA teams offers:
- Consulting services customized to the needs of Visa clients' business objectives and strategy
- Business and economic insights and perspectives that impact business and investment decisions
- Self-service digital solutions Visa clients can leverage to improve performance in product, marketing and operations
- Proven data-driven marketing strategies to increase clients’ ROI
The Sr. Director will be a member of Visa's Strategy Team, with dual reporting into the LAC Regional Strategy Lead and South Cone Head. The position will be based in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Core responsibilities will include strategy development, strategic projects and planning, business analysis on pricing and interchange, and market intelligence with exclusive focus on Southern Cone countries (Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Bolivia and Paraguay).
· Lead and design strategies, which change the trajectory of growth, evolve our client relationships, and break through constraints to generate tangible impact on Visa’s performance.
· Structure and solve business problems, collaborating and coordinating with a range of internal stakeholders to make recommendations on a wide range of business issues.
· Develop frameworks that support the prioritization of strategic initiatives, and evaluate investment opportunities for their strategic and financial value. Identify clear and realistic long-term key success factors and strategic priorities
· Lead workstreams including strategy development, growth strategies, performance monitoring for key strategic indicators, and opportunity evaluations, driving new initiatives forward from concept to focused, resourced execution plans with paths to scaled implementation.
· Develop rigorous, fact based, quantitative analysis to support recommendations. Ensure strategic and financial soundness and alignment for any recommendations.
· Lead analysis on business considerations and recommendations for Visa pricing and domestic interchange.
· Develop clear and concise executive level communications. Communicate recommendations to senior management, other executive, functional, or regional staff and management in a clear, concise and impactful way. This role requires effective communication and generating support for recommendations, incorporating feedback and facilitating the path from recommendation to tangible results oriented impacts
· Typically, 10+ years of relevant experience including 3+ years’ experience in management consulting, payments industry, retail strategy, financial services and/or previous strategy functional experience in a global organization. Bachelor’s Degree. MBA from top-tier institution or equivalent graduate degree
· Experience in and/or significant exposure to the payments industry preferred
· Ability to independently lead and manage projects with multiple workstreams, with proven leadership success over a wide variety of functional business problems
· Ability to prioritize deliverables and projects to meet timelines efficiently, to adapt to changes in priorities quickly, and to structure and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously with focus on a drive to completion and tangible impact
· Ability to structure and manage complex cross-enterprise projects and processes with multiple stakeholders
· Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical
· Experience working with economic theories, strategic and prioritization frameworks, scenarios analysis, and competitive assessments. Knowledge of payment industry revenue drivers a plus.
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility as a peer with functional and regional leaders within Visa. Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic and flexible
· Proactive and effective communicator. Experienced at presenting information to all levels, with ability to facilitate group discussions and debate and proven ability to influence and communicate effectively across geographic and functional lines
English is required
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.