Senior Financial Analyst (EG)
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services
join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Oversight of the accounting and financial controlling for a portfolio of countries in the Asia Pacific region, ensuring timely and accurate capture of financial information/output necessary for effective management decisions and in compliance with US GAAP, local statutory laws and accounting standards, corporate policies/procedures and key controls. Key member of the AP Hub Controllership Accounting team and will report into the Hub Accounting Director.
- Lead a segment of the accounting close process for a portfolio of business units and geographic countries to ensure high quality accounting accuracy, timely and meaningful reporting and compliance to US GAAP, SEC and SOX requirements. This may involve critically assessing existing processes to ensure they are efficient and effective in addressing the risks profile. In addition, some hands-on accounting tasks and/or reviewing the work of peers and business partners is expected.
- Effective and efficient management of the accounting close process – Meet accounting close deadlines, ability to communicate and resolves issues with business partners.
- Quality of accounting records - Compliant with corporate policies, US GAAP, SEC and SOX, accurate accounting of transactions leading to minimum accounting adjustments/errors and no repeat-audit points.
- Quality of reporting - Meaningful presentation and explanation of numbers.
- “Go-to” person for the business units’ conduct of business transactions to ensure compliance with applicable accounting standards, laws, policies and procedures. To pro-actively partner closely with the business, FP&A, Operations Support and other stakeholders to influence and drive issue resolution and initiate changes to enhance internal control and efficiency.
- Quality of support/guidance to business units resulting in a good outcome, smooth execution and a collaborative environment. Good understanding of policies and workflow processes to address issues holistically. Good feedback from stakeholders.
- Be the point person for both the US GAAP and local statutory financial statements providing the framework to ensure timeliness in compliance with both US and local GAAP and statutory requirements.
- Timely and accurate filing. Lead and operate the statutory accounts process with minimal supervision and make decisions based on acquired skills and knowledge. Effective communication with business partners and stakeholders.
- Be a change agent to propose and lead projects from time to time to further drive for efficiency but ensuring the financial and internal controls are assessed and managed.
- Highly adaptive and open to changes with excellent project management skills to drive projects to completion with minimal supervision.
- Degree in Accounting or ACCA or equivalent
- Minimum 6 years relevant accounting experience in a multi-national publicly traded company
- Qualified CPA required
- Familiar with US GAAP/IFRS and SEC requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work well in a fast paced and high volume environment
- Experience in a Big 4 public accounting firm is preferred
- Strong technical accounting skills and experience researching and documenting accounting issues
- Working knowledge of internal controls
- Conversant with integrated accounting applications - particularly Oracle
- Knowledge of Microsoft office applications – Excel, Word, Access
- Conceptual and working knowledge of financial database
- US or European enterprise with regional presence in several Asia Pacific countries
- Strong business ethics
- Ability to work well under pressure and juggle multiple priorities
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment