Senior Staff Software Engineer
- Bellevue, WA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and merchants around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. Our advanced technology are enabling merchants to accept payments online and in store with first-class reliability and security. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
As a Sr. Staff Software Engineer within Visa you will take a “subject matter expert” role in the design, build, and enhancement of key modules of our Portfolio Project Management System. Utilizing your expertise you will fulfil the role of development lead and will be responsible for driving the application technical strategy within the organization.
The scope of this role extends beyond core software development; you will be the owner of the new features design, build and implementation of complex systems that process millions of transactions per day.
In addition, you will be a pivotal technical leader within the team to ensure the continued development of innovative and ingenious solutions. You will think globally and ensure we continue to architect high performance, scalable systems that are built the “right way”.
As a Sr. Staff Software Engineer you will:
•Be at the forefront of translating complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
•Have significant influence on our strategy by helping define and build the next wave of product features and system architecture
•Champion Agile to drive change and continuous improvement throughout the delivery process
•Utilize your sharp design and coding skills to create applications at a massive scale which are used by millions of people across the globe
•Take a hands-on role in influencing and guiding day-to-day development activities by leading architecture decisions, participating in designs, design review, code review, and implementation
•Be motivated by building elegant and maintainable systems that get the job done with minimal complexity
•Be the ambassador for engineering best practice across the development lifecycle and champion continuous improvement across the Dev Organization
•Be an evangelist for Test-Driven Development and Continuous Deployment
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have a proven-track record within a technical lead/architect role to produce innovative and simple solutions to complex problems
- Be an established self-starter who possesses a relentless drive to initiate change, raise the technical bar and deliver results
- Have expert knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle
- Experienced configuring and managing Jenkins
- Be comfortable challenging the norm; always on the lookout for new technologies and work with fellow technologists to implement these into the work stream
- Be equally content prototyping and tinkering with new applications as well operating within the rigor of making solutions production-ready.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a highly iterative, agile and collaborative team environment.
- Have a BS in Software Engineering/Computer Science/IS, or other related field with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in software engineering. Experience may substitute for degree requirements.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.