Global Visa Direct Risk Lead
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
Visa Direct is a high priority digital product transforming payments across the world. It offers significant potential for new revenue growth and displacement of cash and checks with an estimated market opportunity of $80T globally. It is a payment service for clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants and service providers) to facilitate fund transfers/disbursements to Visa cards around the world using push payment technology. Originators (senders) and Recipients (beneficiaries) derive value from real-time payment use cases such as:
· Person-to-person payments via social networks (e.g. Facebook, Google, Venmo, Square)
· Payouts to suppliers to marketplace apps (e.g. Uber, AirBnb, Amazon)
· Conventional disbursements (insurance, compensation claims, tax refunds)
The Global Visa Direct Risk lead will be a key member of the Visa Direct product leadership team and reporting directly to the VP & Head, Visa Direct Global Platform & Solutions. S/he will be accountable for making Visa Direct best-in-class in terms of comprehensive risk management and controls – for Visa and its clients. In addition to deep subject matter expertise in payments risk and anti-money laundering (AML), the ideal candidate should have demonstrated leadership and communication skills. S/he will need to develop a comprehensive strategy for Risk and Compliance services in the context of Visa Direct and push payments and execute this strategy, partnering closely with stake-holders in Visa Risk, Compliance and Legal as well as with peers within the Visa Direct commercialization, product development and operations functions. The role-holder should be able to engage with credibility and authority with clients and regulators and communicate clearly the platform’s risk and compliance features. Knowledge of global industry and regulatory trends in the areas of AML/KYC, data privacy, secure authentication and risk scoring will be critical as will experience in building solutions and processes to manage these. The ideal candidate should be able to work independently towards an agreed strategy and results and be effective in a dynamic, matrixed environment under demanding timelines.
- Develop the Visa Direct “Security” value proposition including fraud risk, AML control features, value-added services, commercialization, and communication strategy.
- Engage with key clients and regulators to communicate Visa Direct controls.
- Formulate and drive the execution of the product roadmap for client-centric tools and services around AML compliance, Sanctions Monitoring, risk scoring, identity and authentication for Visa Direct.
- Identify third-party vendors of specialist compliance services and evaluate/ recommend build-buy-partner options for the desired services.
- Communicate related development priorities, activities, and results to the larger organization, including senior leadership.
- Have a strong pulse and feedback loop on regional and functional partner needs
- Manage large, complex cross-functional projects.
- Assist with efforts to create and develop relationships with large, global money transfer companies by providing subject matter expertise in the Risk & Compliance related products and services available for the Visa Direct Product line.
- 10+ years of experience in financial services, including at least five years of experience in risk management and/or AML compliance in the money transfer, digital wallets or banking industry.
- Experience designing and managing product management and development. Ability to effective collaborate and influence to lead cross-functional teams
- Multi-national experience and perspective would be a strong plus.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and visual) with an ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to broad audiences in an approachable way.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects/ initiatives to conclusion through multi-functional teams.
- Passion for payments and creating new solutions
- Visa or card industry knowledge would be an asset.
- Can be based in San Francisco or Foster City, CA
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.