Marketing Manager, North America- Strategy and Operations
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
As a Manager on the North America Strategy and Operations team, you’ll be charged with defining and delivering strategic insights and analysis to the North America marketing organization, CMO, and senior executives. This is a unique role: you’ll need problem solving hops, excellent communication skills and executive presence, and a strong desire to drive improvement in how marketing drives the business. Our team is part of the North America Marketing organization and there are opportunities to grow in many directions— becoming a marketing strategist, or helping drive the innovation agenda for marketing, and executing world class marketing campaigns. If you’re creative, analytical, detail-oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, we’d love to talk to you.
• Own and manage your work product. Lead projects or major project workstreams with limited oversight
• Identify, structure, and manage complex issues to quickly arrive at recommendations that drive North America Marketing priorities
• Be innovative and curious, always looking for ways to do things better and drive the problem forward
• Own and manage your work product
• Build great Powerpoint presentations and analytical models
• Ability to ruthlessly prioritize project activities to achieve project goals
• Work with marketing teams across North America to understand, identify, and scope key questions that we need to answer to drive the business forward
• Provide thought leadership and advice by leveraging data, metrics, and insights to be shared with internal teams, senior management, and external clients.
• Develop compelling consumer & competitive insights that shape and influence business and marketing strategies.
• Support the development of country marketing plans that deliver against country business priorities. Support other annual planning related initiatives as needed.
• Provide support as needed for projects related to marketing operations, including items related to financial reporting, budget control, and compliance.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Economics, or related field required. MBA preferred
• 3+ years of Marketing, Consulting or Research experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor applied to a wide variety of business and marketing problems.
• Advanced Proficiency with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required
• You understand how marketing works and what is relevant to measure for online and offline channels
• You create visually clear, concise, and insightful products (reports or otherwise) and can show us examples you are proud of
• You are comfortable presenting to senior leaders and can convince them of your viewpoint
• You are a relationship builder who earns the trust and rapport of partners at multiple levels
• You focus on self-improvement and are learning oriented, and you approach problems with an open mind
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.