Asset Management Analyst
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and
businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
As an Operations Asset Management Analyst, you will manage a variety of functions including development and establishment of multi-year technology strategy, budget creation and execution, developing a baseline for major deals within Visa, writing business justifications, and execution to Visa procurement principles. In addition to managing the budget, this role will create line item views of the budget and break it down into services—identifying opportunities for improvement to our tools and processes.
This position will gain an in-depth understanding of the business, strategic direction, organizational structure, and key vendor partnerships. You will help define success for IT financial efficiency and cost clarity programs by creating and tracking key metrics and developing consumption optimization programs. This position will report to the Director of Operations & Infrastructure.
- Assist product owners with execution of technology strategy, keeping a view of the operating expense impact of key decisions
- Build comprehensive demand models for software and hardware infrastructure components.
- Run SQL scripts to extract data from multiple data sources and have ability to normalize data based on product owner feedback
- Identify expense reduction opportunities with product owners and create plans and tracking to ensure execution of cost reduction strategies.
- Review demand for new purchases with product owners, validate that the demand aligns with technology strategy and present analytics to compare Visa’s usage of similar products within the category
- Identify appropriate data sources to track deployment of different software across Visa and use the information across multiple sources to create deployment baselines
- Lead the team in delivering work products on consumption reports as well as other key initiatives that will help the Technology EVP of make strategic decisions
- Understand license metrics for different software types and create a pro-forma analysis for major deals within technology
- Run sensitivity analysis and create cost models to determine best possible solution for Visa in support of IT purchase decisions
- Work closely with Technology partners to understand the technical details
for IT purchases and create business justification for purchases
- Must have 5+ years of relevant experience, preferably in a tech environment
- Must have been in current role for at least a year
- Demonstrated experience dealing with different software licensing methods in the industry
- Experience with SQL queries to help collect data from disparate sources
- Proven success in creating product strategies through deep option and sensitivity analysis
- Exhibit leadership capabilities to drive large-scale projects with ambiguous scope into refined deliverables for executive consumption
- Must have technical background to understand the key infrastructure products and understand the core concepts behind “running IT like a business”
- Must have strong quantitative skills & experience taking raw data and drawing actionable insights from it
- Be vision and process oriented
- Understanding of data centers and IT frameworks preferred
- Must have prior experience in creating cost transparency and cost clarity programs for CIO/CTO office
- Demonstrated capability in working with large virtual teams
- Ability to conduct research such as market size and trends, competitive analysis
- Ability to collect and analyze relevant quantitative and qualitative data sets
- Strong communication skills including written, oral, and presentation abilities
- Business and technical writing skills; executive level presentation skills
- Organizational agility and the ability to influence stakeholders and various levels of senior leadership
- Extremely comfortable with data modeling in Excel
- Demonstrated project management skills, including ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and follow through on completion of high-profile projects
- Proven critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Organizational agility
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity and fast change with an ability to adapt quickly and easily; and have demonstrated ability to build a high performance and collaborative work environment in highly matrixed organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Business or related field
- MBA degree preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.