Intern (MBA) – Sales Business Development
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
The Visa Internship Program is the biggest step you can take to joining our Revolution of Payments Innovation. Throughout the 12 weeks at Visa, you will take on meaningful work, get executive exposure, engage in out-of-the-box problem solving, and participate in social and community service activities. From technology to business, we are looking for people who can innovate, collaborate and drive Visa into the next era of an already rapidly-evolving digital market place. If you’re up for the challenge, please consider joining our team.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
As a Visa Intern you will have the chance to:
Participate in Executive Speaker Series’ led by Senior Leadership
Deliver an end of summer presentation to the Executive Finance Team
Attend fun social events with fellow interns
The Intern (MBA) – Sales Business Development role is responsible for developing industry segment strategies in order to support new acceptance and payment volume growth. This includes analyzing markets in order to identify opportunities to accelerate payment volume growth and build deeper relationships with industry stakeholders. The position will work closely with internal and external partners to ensure appropriate communication flows and sustained business relationships that achieve strategic initiatives.
- Manage partner engagements including:
- Supporting partner interview;
- Developing insights based on data from Visa Net, third-party research and other market data;
- Drafting presentation and related material for partner briefings;
- Developing internal business case for strategic initiatives;
- Leading internal business case development.
- Develop promotional materials by leading engagements with agencies and internal marketing resources.
- Develop educational content to promote industry specific payment acceptance by working with internal stakeholders, agencies and contractors.
- Assist with partner innovation workshop facilitation by conducting partner need analysis, drafting agendas / pre-workshop materials, stakeholder ethnographic interview, capturing meeting artifacts and post-session actions.
- Develop an understanding of the partner’s business, including payment strategy across all product platforms
- Utilize a consultative approach to illustrate how Visa products and services meet the partners’s business objectives
- Contribute to the development of departmental strategy
- Actively participate in various ad-hoc internal projects as assigned
- Participate in team meetings and training activities
- B.S. or B.A. in a business or technical field (Accounting, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Management, Marketing, etc.) with 3-5 years of experience with progressively increasing responsibility
- Must be attending school for a MBA from leading business school
- Card payment experience a plus
- Design thinking / Human-centered design experience is a plus
- Successful track record of implementing a strategic initiative
- Partner facing experience; leading consulting or sales is a plus
- Excellent presentation skills; ability to synthesize key points into concise slides in order to tell a story
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; comfortable with analyzing large data sets and market research to compile insights and recommendations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to identify key decision makers and create and deliver effective presentations to diverse audiences up to the executive levels
- Ability to coordinate internal and external resources and nurture cross functional relationships
- A demonstrated understanding of financial indicators to measure business performance and an ability to summarize business and financial data in a useful manner for planning and decision making
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.