Associate Application Support Programmer Analyst
- Ashburn, VA, us
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
· Candidate will be responsible for maintenance and support of all batch applications running on the IBM z/OS390 platform.
· Perform 2nd and 3rd level Incident & Problem determination and resolution for any issues detected in the Production and/or Development environments.
· Work with application software development on the implementation and support of software maintenance releases.
· Provide technical assistance to Client Services, Network Operations, and Implementations.
· Assist in the testing and certification of new DPS software and clients.
· Work with network operations and technical support to identify and implement application fixes and enhancements to increase efficiency and ease of use.
· College degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems or equivalent work experience in data processing.
· Professional Internship at a IBM z/OS390 based company is a plus.
· Up to 3 years support and/or development role experience on the IBM z/OS390 batch application is a plus.
· Up to 3 years support and/or development role experience in COBOL/JCL is a plus.
· Up to 3 years support and/or development role experience using FILE-AID is a plus.
· Experience using ESP, CA7 or another scheduling software is a plus.
· General knowledge of EFT settlement and transaction processing is a plus.
· Connex/Advantage experience is a plus.
· REXX experience is a plus.
· Java and or Hadoop experience is a plus.
· Kafka experience is a plus.
· Collaborative, team oriented style.
· Displays ability to learn quickly.
· Ability to work independently exhibiting strong multitasking and time management skills.
· Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Good communication (oral & written) skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.