Sanctions Compliance Analyst
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity.
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payment company in Silicon Valley, technology is at the heart of what we do. Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks; our Advanced Authorization engine scores every authorization VisaNet processes with machine learning models for issuers to stop frauds in real-time. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Sanctions Analyst will provide support for sanctions screening, program planning, execution, tracking and communications globally. This role will require a solid understanding of sanctions compliance and support the Director, AML and Sanctions Compliance in providing guidance to Visa clients and businesses. The Analyst will lead various responsibilities, including:
- Responsible for screening against sanctions lists and provide expert judgment regarding match validity
- Responsible for tracking, reviewing and escalating metrics and reporting to identify Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Key Risk Indicators (KRI) to management and other key stakeholders
- Participate in ongoing development of the sanctions screening systems, including User Acceptance Testing as needed
- Participate in cross-functional sanctions compliance meetings and carry out project plan for roadmaps
- Ensure close communication and information sharing with global compliance colleagues
- At least 5+ years of implementing Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Anti-Threat Finance (ATF), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), USA PATRIOT Act, and OFAC programs
- Strong knowledge of global sanctions regulations and regulatory expectations
- Bachelor’s degree required
- CAMS certification a plus
- Proficiency in MS Suite with advanced knowledge of MS Project
- Highly organized with excellent research and analytical skills
- Excellent written, oral, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and adept at working independently or in a team on multiple and varied tasks
- Ability to perform under pressure and capable of working collaboratively with employees throughout the company
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.