Systems Analyst (Application Product Support)
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Systems Analyst a.k.a. Application Production Support Level 2 Engineer is part of a team responsible to provide successful implementation and management of Visa services (applications under Visa Information Management (Commercial Cards)) in the test and production environments. Ensuring the service meets the corporate quality, security and compliance standards, and providing the documentation for the ongoing support and maintenance of the systems.
Responsible for providing 24X7 Application Support across multiple Visa applications
Responsible for applying code and operation break fixes and other proactive maintenance activities to keep the services up and running
Responsible for evaluating the Issues reported by Visa clients and members and providing ongoing solutions
Responsible for managing the performance and tuning of several Visa applications
Will be responsible for managing the service and ticket SLAs and managing the workflow to achieve the SLAs.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in working with Apache, Tomcat, WebSphere, IBM-IHS web server, LDAP, Siteminder/ForgeRock, IBM MQ
- Intermediate level of knowledge on UNIX/Linux/AIX/Windows OS
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Production support working in a globally distributed team
- Working experience on Java, J2EE and Perl Script technologies
- Experience in working with Db2 UDB, Oracle DB’s and MYSQL, DML/DDL SQLs and Store PROCs
- Experience with ServiceNow and ticketing workflows is preferred
- Working experience with monitoring tools like Splunk or any other monitoring tools/processes will be advantageous
- Good in handling certificate renewal process and handling security remediation on Linux/Solaris/AIX servers
- Intermediate level of experience in scripting language (Shell script, Perl, Python, Bash) and expertise in automation
- Prior working experience with card and transaction domains will be advantageous
- Good understanding on N-tier architecture and network data flows.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or related field required
- Should have a technical and business mindset
- ISO 9000 and ITIL experience will be advantageous
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.