Staff Software Engineer (REF15119J) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
The candidate will be responsible for design and implementation of Apple Pay Services components. Be able to coordinate and manage input from business and technology stakeholders across the enterprise and be responsible for the design and execution of large-scale technology initiatives.
The role is a self-organized Staff Software Engineer with solid JAVA, J2EE, E-COMMERCE and web service development experience. In this position, you are first and foremost a passionate and talented developer that can work in a dynamic environment as a member of Agile Scrum teams. Your strong technical leadership, problem solving abilities, coding, testing and debugging skills is just a start. You must be dedicated to filling product backlog and delivering production-ready code. You must be willing to go beyond the routine and prepared to do a little bit of everything.
As a key member of the development team, the candidate should be comfortable with driving technical ideas and communicating clearly with technical as well as non-technical audiences.
- Engage in technical design of solution that is based on use cases and business requirements
- Complete proof of concepts and other technical evaluations of technologies, designs and solutions
- Manage the creation of detail design and use case documents
- Effectively interact with internal teams to develop solutions to complex technical issues on highly visible business opportunities
- Analyze current solution architecture & design and propose solutions that increase business value, optimize performance and enhance quality
- Developing best practices, guidelines, standards and procedures
- Communicate and present complex technical concepts for peer
- Mentoring other developers
- Ensures inclusion of Visa’s business vision, current business environment (internally and externally) and technology and industry trends to enable results that drive Visa’s business
- You have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field and 8+ years of Software Development Experience or a Masters with 6+ years of Software Development Experience
You have expertise of Core Java, JEE technologies, REST and container based technologies.
Experience with back-end technologies such as JDBC, JMS, Spring, Hibernate, JMX
Experience with SQL and relational database usage with commercial-grade databases.
You have experience architecting solutions with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery in mind
Expert in OO design and design patterns
We count on your curiosity and creativity, to want to understand customer requirements and our processes and want to come up with creative solutions
While you’ll have the skill to see and understand the big picture, you’re able to stay focused on the task at hand to achieve immediate goals
You’re great at systematic and accurate research wanting to uncover the smallest detail
You have amazing work ethics that will help us all work extremely well together
Exceptional oral and written communication skills
You have proven experience as a technologist with ability to understand the requirement and design and build the solution.
You have the passion to understanding people and to always striving to improve our products and services!
Experience and working knowledge of GIT is a plus
Working knowledge / experience with test automation tools is a plus
Experience with the payment industry and technologies is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.