Systems Analyst (Prod Support Junior Engineer/Dev)
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa’s Data Platform Operations is responsible for 24x7 Production Support of over 200 ETL/Big Data applications running 600 thousand batch processing in a month with 10 thousand codes and 2.1 Million Business Rules.
It maintains a Data Warehouse of over 8 Petabytes of Data. The team also delivers over 500 research requests in a month 24x7 on-call support as per roster, which is 40hrs/week work.
- Monitor Jobs/Data Availability and Detect/Resolve Problems code or Infra related issues by doing root cause analysis
- Providing Permanent fixes to production issues
- Do code change and turnover of the fixes
- Set audits and alerts to detect problem
- Facilitate maintenance activities
- Plan and executes changes as per instructions
- Strictly adhere to the processes and guidelines
- Updates to knowledge repository
- Knowledge Transition from/to others
- Research/Analysis Work to answer questions
- Have good working experience on UNIX, UDB, MVS and JCL
- Identify improvement opportunities
- Should have very good coding and troubleshooting skills
- Strong Team player and ability to collaborate as part of virtual team across the globe
- Ability to drive problem bridges collaborates with others from different functional and technical areas and escalates timely to get help to resolve problems within time
- Perform exports, backups and data extracts as required from different environments
- Ability to participate/make recommendations in capacity planning activities
- Strong process adherence to follow change, incident and problem management processes.
- Ability to identify knowledge gaps and provide technical guidance/mentoring to others to help grow talent Incumbent must be a quick learner to learn new technology, application or tools and ability to cascade the knowledge to others
- You must have the ability to research solutions to various business and technical problems, evaluate alternatives and be able to present recommendations and justifications to management
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously and deliver on time with quality
- You must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Job-holder must have flexibility to work in shifts and during weekends and extended hours when needed
- You must have strong self-motivation, sense of ownership and ability to retain focus under stress during crisis situations
- You must have strong business ethics, self-discipline and trustworthiness to handle sensitive confidential data in live production environment
We'd ideally love to have a junior-level Engineer/Developer with the below qualification apply for this position.
- 5 years hands-on experience in large distributed environment
- 2 years hands on experience in AIX/Sun Solaris/Red Hat environment
- 1 years of experience in Performance Tuning, Data Fixing and Workload Automation
- A bachelor degree in Engineering or equivalent degree required
- Have good working experience on Big Data Analytics using Mapreduce, Hive, and HBase
- Experience with Big data applications Apache Solr, Kafka
- Should be able to provide reporting solutions in Big Data Platform
- Strong hands-on Big Data development experience including tuning your solution, debugging, performance testing etc., is required
- Should be having a good hands on Experience working on Big Data Ecosystem (mainly in HIVE, Impala, Sqoop, Pig, flume, Hbase, Map Reduce etc.)
- Should be familiar with CURL commands to run queries, inserts, updates and deletes against SOLR indexes
You will be part of the on-call support rotation in this daytime, exempt position.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.