Director of Front-End Engineering, Digital Commerce (REF14261Q) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Foster City, CA, us
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Visa Digital Developer Platform team is looking for a talented Director of Software Engineering with a passion for leading the development of world class payment services. As leader of Secure Remote Commerce (SRC) Checkout Front-End Engineering team, you will be responsible for the delivery of the foundation and feature development for client-side technology and related systems for next generation Checkout application. Based in Foster City, California, in this role, you will apply your deep experience as a people manager and technologist leading a highly motivated, engaged and proficient team producing highly available, active-active, secure and robust backend services. Superior people management skills along with the ability to work effectively with product managers, program managers, architects, service integrators and cross-functional teams across the globe is required.
As a part of Digital Product Development, you will be responsible for building and managing a capable world-class team which can deliver on the vision for SRC checkout application.
- You will work closely with other engineering and technology teams, product management, and your business partners to execute an ambitious product vision as we evolve the payment experience for e-commerce market.
- Able to work in a matrix organization, empowering other team members and delivering results
- Able to develop individual career development plans for team members, mentor and grow their talent
- Nurture team of developers and test engineers by motivating and mentoring, influencing large cross functional teams
- Recruit and hire top talent for the front-end engineering team
- Focus on automation and top notch quality aspiring towards zero defect delivering this multi-browser and multi-device application
- Drive technology and business vision, design, develop and evolve highly scalable and highly performant UI components based front-end apps using functional programming paradigm.
- Partner with our product management team to develop strong and effective relationships
- Work with other engineering and product leaders to evolve our delivery processes and drive cross-team collaboration and cooperation
- Provide training and professional development opportunities for full-time employees
- Establish and maintain relationships with payment partners in the industry creating technology solutions providing highly scalable UI integrations
- Demonstrate our Visa values of passion for creating leadership in everyone and creating products that excel in customer experience with security in mind
- Own full stack quality, scalability and availability across multiple applications, features, and technology initiatives
- Point of contact for senior leadership stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- Create and implement goals and action plans to align with overall organization objectives
- Emulate strong management and leadership principles with the capacity to engage, motivate, mentor and coach teams distributed across various geographical locations
- Communicate and adapt presentations to various stakeholders regarding goals, planning process, project initiatives, team innovation and results
- Implement, gather and report team/project metrics to track execution and effectiveness
- On-board high caliber engineers within planned budget and timeline
- Accountable for the quality of development activities during the release of products to production
- Act decisively and collaborate to remove impediments for the team
- Partner with Test, Release Engineering, Performance, Security and Release Management for timely releases and resolution of any impediments
- Bachelor degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MS or other related advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years of engineering leadership responsibility, checkout or payment experience is a plus
- Experience developing and delivering highly engaging front-end solutions using Agile methodologies
- Demonstrated experience manage effectively through organizational growth and change.
Solid understanding of software engineering principles and development practices with a demonstrable projects driving code quality, innovation, adhering to security guidelines.
- Capability to quickly grasp business context & execute with strategic and tactical approaches.
- Strong communication skills as well as the ability to influence cross function teams and key decision makers.
- Strong leadership, negotiation and execution skills with the ability to drive results, deliver and excel.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.