Lead Tableau Developer, Data Products
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
As part of the Global Product organization, the Data Products team is looking for a Lead Tableau Developer/Data Analyst who is passionate about delivering high quality, differentiated dashboards and reports to help our stakeholders. The Tableau Developer will be joining the BI Solutions team and will work directly with Merchant team and Digital Products team to develop internal and external dashboards.
Visa is connecting the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Global Data Products team is fueling Visa’s ability to do so with data as a key enabler. This presents continuous opportunities to work on strategic and innovative data products that identify new opportunities/ threats, and guides strategies for Visa and our partners.
What are we looking for?
You are a data and visualization whiz and are passionate about building scalable solutions that help drive business decisions and strategies. You thrive in fast-paced environments and bring out-of-the-box thinking to meet business needs.
• Understand business requirements by interfacing with end users and use complex data sources that needs to be blended and joined to deliver meaningful, efficient and quality dashboards
• Must be able to work independently to extract and summarize data in specific formats and then link them to Tableau dashboards
• Involved in all aspects of the dashboard development life cycle, from initial kickoff through requirements analysis, design and implementation
• Work with large volumes of data; extract and manipulate large datasets using standard tools such as Hadoop Ecosystem, SAS through scripting in Python, SQL, Java etc.
• Work on complex datasets, data analysis & data preparation tasks
• Follow industry standard techniques and efficient approaches to connect Tableau with disparate data sources
• BA/BS required; MBA or other relevant Master's degree preferred (eg: Statistics, Computer Science,
•5-7 years of recent experience as a Data Analyst, Business Intelligence Developer, or a related analytical role
• 3+ years of experience and proficiency in SQL/HiveQL/Python and experience working with large datasets
• Hands-on skills in cleaning, manipulating, analyzing, visualizing large data sets
• At least 2 years of Tableau development experience
• Ability to execute fast-paced and dynamic projects in a highly organized manner on a tight schedule
• Good listening and communication skills to understand core business problem internal partners are trying to solve
• Financial Services/Payment Industry experience preferred, but not required
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.