Manager, Government Relations – India & South Asia
- Mumbai, India
For many years, we have used the Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity company description on all of our job descriptions and advertisements. Recently our colleagues in the US have been revising this and we have a new company description to use that has been approved by Legal & Marketing.
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
- Support development of key stakeholder relationships, public polices and regulations that are conducive for expansion of electronic payments;
- Help secure Visa’s outreach and messaging in the Indian subcontinent consistent with similar public policy efforts in other key markets around the world.
- Raise and optimize Visa’s profile and reputation through identifying key areas for public policy initiatives in India and South Asia, as well as manage relationships with regulators, government officials, and other policy makers both directly and through appropriate industry and trade associations;
- Continuously monitor relevant media sources, internal communications, government affairs, and community relations to help the Visa management have greater control and consistency over brand, reputation and policy responses.
2. Principal Responsibilities/Key Results Area
- Assist in development and implementation of the government relations strategy in the Indian subcontinent to achieve agreed business objectives.
- Keep Visa management abreast of regulatory changes, state and local government strategic development and priority agenda that may present challenges and opportunities to Visa India's business operations.
- Identify legislative, regulatory, and political threats to, or opportunities for Visa’s business in the region
- Prepare briefs of the business conferences, summits and suggest key recommendations on policy issues for internal use and executive briefings.
- Assist in building and supporting initiatives at the state and local government(s) level on suitable public policy initiatives in the Indian subcontinent.
- Establishment and maintenance of a database of who we know and who we need to know, key contact details, and opportunities for engagement
- Establish and maintain relationship with industry counterparts, including banking and trade associations
3. Reporting Relationships & Interactions
- Reports directly into the Senior Director & Head of Government Relations based in India.
- Works very closely with APAC and global GR teams, country management, and other relevant functional teams.
- Liaises closely with functional colleagues around the world to refine and exploit best practices.
- Liaising with consultants and key vendors for strategy formulation and execution.
4. Key Competencies
- Teamwork player able to collaborate with inter-disciplinary groups
- Trustworthiness and ethical
- Discrete and able to maintain high standards of confidentiality
- Interpersonal effectiveness
- Degree in Law, Political Science, Public Policy, Economics or related field
- 5-7 years of work experience preferably in legislation, policy development, with an emphasis on technology / data.
- Exceptional written and presentation skills
- Excellent understanding of political, legal and commercial context in India
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.