Director, AML/CTF Compliance – Payments
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa Direct is a payment service that Visa provides to clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants and service providers) to facilitate fund transfers/disbursements to Visa accounts in the U.S. and around the world using push payment technology, i.e. Original Credit Transaction (OCT). Visa Direct consumer and business applications include person-to-person (P2P) transfer, person to micro-business transfer (e.g. payments to landscaper), and funds disbursement (e.g. insurance claim disbursements). Currently, the push payments market is estimated to be an $80T global opportunity.
· Design, and manage VD product-specific BSA/AML and sanctions risk strategy, standards, procedures and risk assessments to support the product roadmap, rollout, and service offering.
· Partner with cross functional teams to define enhanced controls, tools and compliance monitoring rules for originated programs impacting authorization confidence and issuers’ Visa Direct enablement
· Execute VD monitoring rules to ensure participants’ compliance with product parameters, their PIFs and other best practices
· Manage a team of analysts to operationalize compliance oversight, manage escalations, coordinate remedial plans and closure
· Interact with senior management in Product, Compliance, Legal, Risk, and regional business units concerning AML/CTF issues and processes
· Stay up-to-date of regulatory and corporate governance developments affecting payments
· Report periodically on program status and escalate issues to senior management
· Support resolution of compliance issues in partnership with regional Compliance & Client Services teams.
· Communicate priorities, activities, and results to the larger organization, including senior leadership.
· Have a strong pulse and feedback loop on regional and functional partner needs
· Identify and take on ad hoc strategic projects and execute on key initiatives, including closing any gaps in product features and functionality.
· This role requires occasional travel around the globe
· Bachelors/Degree or related field or equivalent work experience
· 10 years of implementing AML/ATF, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), USA PATRIOT Act, and OFAC programs
· Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) for external clients and internal partners, and presentation skills
· Self-motivated team player
· Fast learner and critical thinker, ability to interpret rules and policies and clearly articulate applicability to programs
· Strong project management and organization skills to keep large cross-functional teams delivering towards a common goal
· Excellent problem solving skills with a strong focus on clients
· Strong team player, self-motivated and the ability to work independently at coordinating cross functional activities, obtain buy-in and elevate issues at critical junctures appropriately
· Ability to manage assignments that are of diverse scope and complexity and require significant initiative and judgment
· Ability to perform under pressure and capable of working collaboratively with employees throughout the company
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.